• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Was Niea_7 actually ever licensed by TOKYOPOP?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quote
I made a post recently asking for information on this manga and didn't get any useful replies. So I thought I would narrow the question down and provide a link regarding it.

A news release from about two years ago said something about TOKYOPOP delaying their release of the manga. Can be seen here or by going to the NieA_7 manga page in the encyclopedia and linking to the article.

How valid is that information? Did TOKYOPOP actually license and never release NieA_7 or did they not license it at all? The title is nowhere to be found on their site.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
License by TP but the series been cancle, delay, put on hiatus or whatever you want to call it. It's not coming out until they announce a new date.
grunge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Licensor issues most likely.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks a bunch.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I sent an email to Tokyopop and received a reply shown below:

Thank you for writing in! Our records show that we've never licensed this property. Are you sure you're speaking with the correct company or of the correct title?

Best,
TOKYOPOP

Apparently since it was directly from the company I can trust it. ANN should update that in their Niea_7 section. Either way I got my answer, thanks for your help darkhunter.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
They announce the license a while back during a con I think. It's also listed on AoD. Apparently, there was licensor issue with the japanese companies and they seem to lost it but never said a word or put out a press release. So TP is acting like they never title never exist and they know nothing about it. Oh well.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that kinda sucks too...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1