• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiddy Grade

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eva-01/Tri-Gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:59 am Reply with quote
has anyone seen this show and is it worth buying can i get some input??
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quote
anime#891
Check out the user ratings.

Though not exactly the answer to your question, there is a thread about 4 below yours having to do with Kiddy Grade.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5575
Dilandau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:59 am Reply with quote
Welcome for starters.

It depends on what you are into. I personally really liked the series. It starts out kinda fun and then goes much more serious and a little psycho.

Lumiel is basically a carbon copy of Ruri from Nadesico if that helps. I thought it was annoying, though I like both characters.

Its fun, very interesting.
gnikdrazil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:01 am Reply with quote
Kiddy Grade has great animation, good action scenes, and scattered fan service. That's about it IMO. The writers just didn't know what they wanted to do with the plot. They hint towards some interesting plotlines, but never really explore them. If you just want a fun series, it should be fine.
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
gnikdrazil wrote:
Kiddy Grade has great animation, good action scenes, and scattered fan service. That's about it IMO. The writers just didn't know what they wanted to do with the plot. They hint towards some interesting plotlines, but never really explore them. If you just want a fun series, it should be fine.

I whole heartedly dissagree with you there (at least on the bits regarding the writers not knowing what they wanted to do with the plot) I thought that the writers knew exactly where they wanted to go with the story and that the plot was a fairly developed one.

The characters were all pretty well developed throughout the story. Eclair and Lumier were equally enjoyable protagonists and the antoginists the creators threw in truely inspired your hatred. spoiler[Namely when the GOTT had Wirbelwind destroyed, i was heartbroken]

The way the series ended was equally satisfying, so all in all I think I'd say that this was a very decent anime IMO. However, as always I guess it just depends on what you're into. Lots of space action and bits of fanservice scattered throughout. Maybe pick up the first dvd and see what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I've seen a few episodes of it, and I've enjoyed it so far. I like the character designs and animation the best. I can't comment on the dub, since I've only seen subbed versions. Mmm... shoujo-ai undertones...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Eva-01/Tri-Gun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote
TY for the welcome iam really into alot of anime iamd kinda new to the scene but iam really enjoying it Very Happy
gnikdrazil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote
BakaNekoDain wrote:

The characters were all pretty well developed throughout the story. Eclair and Lumier were equally enjoyable protagonists and the antoginists the creators threw in truely inspired your hatred. spoiler[Namely when the GOTT had Wirbelwind destroyed, i was heartbroken]

This is exactly what I mean by what the writers didn't have any focus. spoiler[Wirbelwind is destroyed, but is replaced with 6 more copies.] It completely lost any emotion impact that was initially created.
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote
gnikdrazil wrote:
This is exactly what I mean by what the writers didn't have any focus. spoiler[Wirbelwind is destroyed, but is replaced with 6 more copies.] It completely lost any emotion impact that was initially created.

Ok, I see what you mean there. spoiler[I agree that by making, or rather bringing back the "prototypes", which were the same thing as Wirbelwind it did take away from the overall weight of the story. However, I was still heart broken when Wirbelwind and Donner were destroyed.]

The plot twists in the story also made up for that bit at any rate IMO. spoiler[For instance when you found out that the leader of the Nouvlesse is related (at least in the emotional sense) to Lumiere and how the Nouvlesse plan to pretty much give the rest of the universe a pretty rough time.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
ÄlveKatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:24 am Reply with quote
Kiddy Grade had an entertaining story. The fanservice of that particular show was horrible though. I don't mind women running around in lingerie shooting stuff. I do mind however when said women have a five yearolds body.

Fanservice that (blatantly although between the lines) magnify the notion that a child has the same psychological ability to say no or yes to the pedophile as an adult has should be boycotted.
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy it, I've only seen the first four or five episodes. The is definitly no lack of fanservice here.

I'd like to see the dub, I havn't heard anything about how good it is though. Has anyone seen the dub?
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote
ÄlveKatt wrote:
Fanservice that (blatantly although between the lines) magnify the notion that a child has the same psychological ability to say no or yes to the pedophile as an adult has should be boycotted.

What on Earth are you talking about? I don't remeber Lumier (i'm assuming this is relating to hear) ever consenting to any acts of the sexual nature or for that matter any acts that could be perceived as sexual. Perhaps we are talking about different animes here?

(blatantly although between the lines)???

That doesn't even make sense, I myself try to stay away from oxymorons.
Ramiel_X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, I liked it alot. It was pretty funny and entertaining, the end had me confused for a couple of episodes but that passed later on.
ÄlveKatt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:44 am Reply with quote
BakaNekoDain wrote:

(blatantly although between the lines)???

That doesn't even make sense, I myself try to stay away from oxymorons.

Obvious although obviously not intended to be obvious.

The point is, that in the documentaries about pedophilia the pedophiles interviewed often have the same excuse. "The child liked it!" They have this tendency to delude themselves that the child have the same psychological ability to understand what is happening as an adult has.

Oxymorons are good for you. Very Happy
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
ÄlveKatt wrote:
Obvious although obviously not intended to be obvious.

The point is, that in the documentaries about pedophilia the pedophiles interviewed often have the same excuse. "The child liked it!" They have this tendency to delude themselves that the child have the same psychological ability to understand what is happening as an adult has.

Oxymorons are good for you. Very Happy

Okay, now how does this have any standing AT ALL on the anime in question Kiddy Grade? You keep saying pedophilia this pedophilia that but at no point does anything relating to pedophiliar occur (or anything terribly sexual for that matter) during Kiddy Grade.

"Obvious although obviously not intended to be obvious."???

That doesn't make any sense either really, and you still have yet to address what is so blatantly obvious wilst hiding under the guise of being unobvious.

If you're just being ridiculous I wish you would post some place else and stop trying to slander the name of a perfectly good anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2