• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RahXephon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoolEthan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:29 pm Reply with quote
OMG I am a complete idiot, but what about the baby quan?
CoolEthan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
OMG I am a complete idiot, but what about the baby quan?
Foljo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Actually he remembers her quite well, the young Haruka. She remembers him and still loves him. Anyway, when in the last episodes he says “I might not remember my childhood, but I know I always loved you.” That’s because his blood turned blue, he became alien and started to forget his human memories. Oh yeah, and it just shows in the end how he first meet Haruka (scene on the beach). ]
Sesshoumaru sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Foljo wrote:
spoiler[Actually he remembers he quite well, the young Haruka. She remembers him and still loves him. Anyway, when in the last episodes he says “I might not remember my childhood, but I know I always loved you.” That’s because his blood turned blue, he became alien and started to forget his human memories. Oh yeah, and it just shows in the end how he first meet Haruka (scene on the beach). ]

spoiler[At the end of the series he began to remember her.]
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:47 pm Reply with quote
The baby Quan is just what Ayato thought of when he tuend the world. He canged everything with His mind and Quan is just one example of what changed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Thrush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:52 am Reply with quote
After reading this thread I'm even more confused. Confused

spoiler[ Why were the Dolems attacking the Mu city in the begining? Why did Asahina manifest a Dolem when she left Tokyo Jupiter ? And why couldnt she control it? What was the message she was trying to write to Ayoto?

If the MU were trying to stop Bahbem why not just kill Bahbem? Or Ayato?

If Quan had defeated Ayato would she then have "tuned" the world? ]
Macross3000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I'm not sure, but wasn't it the outside military forces who infiltrated Jupiter Tokyo? Unless...that Dolem was rogue. Can't remember exactly. The message Asayhina was trying to write was "I love you" or at least that is what ended up being displayed on the light panel before Ayato killed her. I think she loved Ayato or at least had a really hard crush on him. Anyways, my theory is that Asayhina was a little "mental" like Dr. Itski's assistant. Both of them needed a love that wasn't returned so they kinda went off the deep end and that interfered with their control of the Dolem.

My other guess would be that Maya (Ayato's stand-in mother/guardian during childhood) was controlling her as the conductor...knowing that Ayato would easily kill her given the fact that she could never intend to kill him. It seems like when it is time for someone to manifest a Dolem...the pilot is really not in control, which may be the conductor's (Maya's) job. The exception to this is Ayato and Quon who were the chosen counterparts to pilot their respective Rahxephons at the end to battle over who gets to tune the world.

I think even killing Bahbem wouldn't have acheived much since the machine he created was designed to realize it's purpose regardless of whether or not he was present. He was merely there to see how his creation turned out. Besides, he has jumped bodies for so long that it could have been very difficult for someone to find what new body he inhabited. I still don't quite know how the reporter/intel-operative managed to find him before the end, except for the fact that all those Dolems were killing each other in that chapel. However, I kinda had the feeling that Bahbem was well protected in addition to being an integral contributor to the manufacturing of his Dolems.

Ayato, on the other hand, might have died, but then maybe one of the Dolems would have stepped in to take his place? I guess that's why Bahbem said he made them as insurance. If that is the case, then perhaps a Dolem would be made into an Olen as a backup and killing either of them or Quon wouldn't matter in any case.

Yes, if Quon defeated Ayato she would've tuned the world.

Come to think of it...it almost seems like both sides wanted the tuning to take place. It was just a matter of whether it would be Quon or Ayato who does it. In the end though...it seems like the Mayan/Aztec/Mu/Martians lost since I don't see them mentioned and Ayato mentioned that he wanted to become Olen in order to protect Haruka...so I personally think he created a world more in the interests of humans rather than the Mulians, but that's just my take on it.]
spav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Macross3000 wrote:
spoiler[The message Asayhina was trying to write was "I love you" or at least that is what ended up being displayed on the light panel before Ayato killed her. I think she loved Ayato or at least had a really hard crush on him. Anyways, my theory is that Asayhina was a little "mental" like Dr. Itski's assistant. Both of them needed a love that wasn't returned so they kinda went off the deep end and that interfered with their control of the Dolem. ]

I haven't seen the movie yet. Well...I saw part of it in Japanese, and I'm not fluent in it, so:

spoiler[Yeah, the first few minutes of the movie, even if you don't understand japanese, it's pretty clear that Asahina is at least in "hard crush" with Ayato.]

The movie is told from a different perspective, and is not a complete rehash of the series, so there is some new stuff there. I really can't wait to see it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bldrnnr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Is there a fansite that goes over much of these questions somewhere. I know there are alot of them for NGE, so why not Rahxephon?

Plus, Zac how do you know all this stuff (it is impessive, yet it poses even more questions for me at least)? Such as spoiler[If Asayahina is a a clone to distract Itsuki then am I missing something...Doesn't she live in Toyko Jupiter and Itsuki lives outside the dome? Are you refering to Sayoko, his assistant?]

If anyone else can answer this fire away and thanks. I wish the Rahxephon bible was more informative...anyone else agree?

Last edited by bldrnnr on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
bldrnnr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:22 am Reply with quote
Bump...just to make sure anyone else has more incite especially to my previous edited post. Thanks!
Macross3000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
bldrnnr wrote:
Is there a fansite that goes over much of these questions somewhere. I know there are alot of them for NGE, so why not Rahxephon?

Plus, Zac how do you know all this stuff (it is impessive, yet it poses even more questions for me at least)? Such as spoiler[If Asayahina is a a clone to distract Itsuki then am I missing something...Doesn't she live in Toyko Jupiter and Itsuki lives outside the dome? Are you refering to Sayoko, his assistant?]

If anyone else can answer this fire away and thanks. I wish the Rahxephon bible was more informative...anyone else agree?

Well...

spoiler[

It seemed plausible to me that perhaps Megumi and Asayhina were clones of each other since they looked so similar...both had pink hair and almost identical facial and other physical attributes. As for Dr. Itski's assistant...I always thought her situation resembled Asayhina's and Megumi's because she was in love with someone who was in love with someone else. It seems like a recurring theme in the storyline. All three ladies seemed unstable and utterly obessed with the object of their affections. Since Itski was the twin brother of Ayato...the dynamics of their respective relationships seem to run parallel to each other.

Someone mentioned on a board once about how complicated the family trees are in Rahxephon. I kinda wish I had a chart to consult. It seems there were branches...and there were the clones. Confusing as hell if you ask me.]
bldrnnr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:56 am Reply with quote
I agree it is confusing, you can find a family tree in NewType USA I believe.
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
bldrnnr wrote:
Plus, Zac how do you know all this stuff

Yeah, I'm curious too. Would it be the "RahXephon Bible"?

You see, I hate, hate, HATE text supplements. Mad I especially hate anime that requires text supplements to figure out what the hell is going on. When I pop in a DVD, I just want to sit back and enjoy the show, not have to study the text afterwards to make sense of it all.

Sorry, but if you can't make the plot clear in the anime, that's a hallmark of bad writing.

------RM
chevisan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
Ayashina isn't a clone. Neither Megumi, Megumi lived with his sister Haruka all his life.
The clone is Sayoko, Dr.Itsuki's asistant. She was programmed to love Itsuiki as you can see in the last episode. Isuki failed to do the intrumentalist because he was outside TokyoJupiter (where Rah was).
Also Ayashina can't be a performer, Itsuki and Ayato can be performers because they were created using Quons's genes (the original performer), the performers have a sign in their chest. If you pay attention the sign in Quon's chest is the sign of Barbem foundation.
Also the Mu's are'nt aliens they just live in Earth but in another dimension.
]
chevisan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:10 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
The dolems did'nt attack the city. They were attacking the invading forces (Elvy an the others).
Ayashina manifested a dolem because she was converted into a mullian because all the people in Tokyo were slowly converted.
Remember that in the first chapter she has red blood. And she said in chapter 18 that the blood of everyonee was turning to blue.
The same happens to the allies of Maya (Kuki and the woman), you can see in chapter 23 and 24 that they are controlling the dolems. They were initially humans. You can controll a Dolem only if you have that strange hat.
Ok, now i don't know how it is called but the dolems had some kind of "soul" in them (the soul of Rah is Ixtli). The dolem, to exist, their "soul" needs to be connected to the life of a Mu person. If the Dolem die, the Mu die. The dolem in chapter 19 was connected to Ayashina (remember she was already converted, you can see the "soul" behind her), but she can't contoll it.
Rah was made with the same concept of the dolems, Rah is connected to Ayato (remember Ayato has a Mu phase, he is half human and half Mu).Altough Rah isn't exactly a Dolem, Ayato can controll Rah if he is inside it, but Rah can move by his own (by his "soul"). (when Rah move by his own the wings in his head are down).
The dolems are moved by his "soul", the Mu who is connected to that Dolem need the hat to controll it.
At the end of the series there are more dolems in Tokyo Jupiter because there are more people who were converted to Mu.

Also Ishki and Ayato were created using Quon's genes and the genes of the commander's friend (i don't remember his name, he has grey hair and don't have an eye, the one who is always travelling and wears black clothes).
]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7