• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
Well it was an SOB to find but I managed to see 12 as well. spoiler[So it is a disease which factions of the Government are fighting over, while one (Takano) wishes to turn it into a biological weapon.] Pretty enlightening and a fantastic episode. Surprised
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
I didn't care much for episode 14, partly because I couldn't tell what order the events occurred in. Sure, it's nice to get some background on spoiler[Takano and her motivations for massacring a village], but after getting all excited from seeing spoiler[Hanyuu in the opening credits], I was rather hoping for more along those lines.

Also, will we ever learn what happened to Satoshi? I've got a vague feeling that the specifics of his dissappearance are important to resolving everything.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Also, will we ever learn what happened to Satoshi? I've got a vague feeling that the specifics of his dissappearance are important to resolving everything.

spoiler[He appears in the preview to episode 16], so I assume they're going to go more into it. That was the main thing I've been wondering about ever since the previous arc finished. Also, I like this current arc a lot so far, it jumps right into the good stuff right from the first episode.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
I didn't care much for episode 14, partly because I couldn't tell what order the events occurred in. Sure, it's nice to get some background on spoiler[Takano and her motivations for massacring a village], but after getting all excited from seeing spoiler[Hanyuu in the opening credits], I was rather hoping for more along those lines.

Yeah, episode 14 was a bit confusing since they jumped around with no warning. I don't really see why they did that either, there was really no point in showing Takano with her "grandfather" first and then jump back in time, then way to the future leaving big gaps in between. And its not like we are supposed to wait until later in the arc to fill in the gap, they show everything they skipped in the next episode. So, yeah, rather pointless.

Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

They will undoubtedly reveal everything surrounding that mystery at some point in this arc.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Something I just thought of after seeing episode 15: spoiler[the blonde kid crying in the rain in the opening is Takano, not Satoshi?]

Also, scary Hanyu. She gave me chills.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure who the person crying in the opening is. You may be right. I had thought it was the teacher because I thought he/she looked older, but its hard to tell. I don't have access to the episode at the moment, so I can't check.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
Me thinks spoiler[crazy Takano intends to reap some vengeance for her adopted father from those stuck up scientists now that she's got the educational background and respectibility. Whether that means destroying their carreers or splitting their skulls I can't say.]
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Down to the last chapter.

spoiler[I wonder what would have happened if everyone died again lol.]

spoiler[Hanyu has become brave this time. Everyone else is doing their part. It looks like this time they will foil Takano.]

spoiler[That one lady Takano made an allegiance with. She looks suspicious herself. I wonder if she is hiding anything.]
Clodus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
season 2 ended a couple of weeks ago and wow am i amazed. at the start of the season i was kind of turned off by the idea that oyashiros curse was formed by a disease instead of an actual curse though it doesnt really bug me anymore. Pretty much all my questions are answered thoroughly and it was a satisfying ending. The first 2 chapters, Massacre and Disaster Awakening Chapter are my favorites. spoiler[especially the Massacre where everybody dies at the end and the crew barely lost to Takano. that final scene in that chapter where they all sacrifice their lives to hold off the pursuers] gave me chills, i didn't once think it was cheesy and was pretty entranced through it all.

Overall though i liked season 1 a tad more than 2 because of the presentation which was the main deal for me as well as the infamous gruesomeness. as westlo said in the past, if they were to ever make a fumoffu type show, i would so love for it to be higurashi. the few comedy episodes that actually show are hilarious beyond words. The recently announced season 3 in production was great news and brought my spirit up since i was depressed to hear geneon's distribution halt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote
I like how it ended as well. However, with everything seemingly concluded here I have no idea what this new season is going to be. I don't really think it needs one, but I'm not complaining, I'm sure it'll be good stuff.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote
Minor revival I suppose. Unfortunately it was difficult to keep up with this series as I don't know enough Japanese to watch it raw. Just finish the first 13, and a really good arc at that. Things are answered very well, with few to no points that had to throw common sense out the window. The main points were well presented because everything came together nicely. I'm giddy about the final arc, although I kind of already know the ending due to the game.

An additional point is that I am also excited about the possibility of season three, which hopefully will implement the arcs from the PS2 game, which provides the "true" ending of higurashi.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quote
Could someone explain the point of the final scene with spoiler[what I think is the grown up Rika and Miyoko back in the day]?

Also, for season 3, I believe they are aiming to animate the ps2 exclusive arc, which is suppose to be the true ending.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:
Could someone explain the point of the final scene with spoiler[what I think is the grown up Rika and Miyoko back in the day]?

This person in the final scene is probably not Rika but spoiler[Frederica Bernkastel, she is one of the witches from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.]
lukezskywalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:

If you noticed their conversation you will know Miyoko is given a chance to change her fate just like spoiler[Mika was by Hanyuu to save the village].

In this case Miyoko always chooses to spoiler[die] since it is the only way for her to live out her happiest days with her parents.

This is indicated by the number of happy meal flags she has.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I only just finished Season 2 last week, and overall, I really liked it. Seeing Rika and Co. finally foiling Miyo's plans really made the series worth watching in the very end.

Though they seemingly changed the scene where Miyo had Hanyu at gunpoint. I wonder why...

I also had NO idea as to what was going on regarding the epilogue. I'm going to have to rewatch it a few more times to see what lukezskywalk means.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8