• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Won’t get to watch Zom 100.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm down to 45 days left and I realized this weekend that I won't get to finish the first season of the series "Zom 100 - Bucket list of the dead", which started airing three weeks ago on Toonami, before I leave.

18 years straight I've been behind these walls and the reality has set in - I finally get to go home. The last episodes of Zom will be streamed to my phone, a Motorola which has already been purchased and is waiting for me. My first ever smart phone, at the age of 47 no less.

I've been busy these last few weeks getting affairs in order for my release so I haven't had the time or honestly train of thought to write anything here. Over the past several months though, this outlet has provided me an awesome chance to do something that most people in my situation just aren't lucky enough to be able to do. I am hoping that my next post will include pictures of me, as a free man.

There are so many little things you have to account for if you want to have a fighting chance out there. I had to get my birth certificate, social security card, and state identification card squared away. It took a solid year to get this done and I'm still in the process of getting the ID card. It was so easy getting into this place but very difficult getting out. As previously mentioned I have my phone squared away as well as a few sets of clothes to get me out the door looking like a human. I'm one of the lucky ones who has great friends and family willing to contribute their time and resources to help me out. I've already applied for some assistance with food and medicaid until I can secure employment. I'm not one who is scared to work by any means, just have to find someone willing to hire an ex con. I am actually a skilled Java application developer and getting a job in that field is kind of "Pie in the Sky" right now so I'm focusing on maybe factory work or something in the construction trades.

Not going to be all work though and I have made some plans to take a couple of days just for myself in that first month out. I have heard that there are a few card shops and Anime stores in the area I'm going to, definitely gonna check those out. Then on June 21st I'm going to see "My Brother, My Brother, and Me" live in Kansas City, a comedy podcast I've come to really enjoy in here as well. If your at the show I'll be the guy right in the middle of the crowd, likely wearing a Sailor Moon T-shirt.

I do want to thank everyone who has read or replied to any of my posts here. I have learned a lot as well as received great recommendations for everything from shows to watch to streaming services to watch them on. I look forward to having some more engaging conversations in the near future.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 pm Reply with quote
The best of luck going forward. Be sure to check in here after you get home.
salmawisoky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am Reply with quote
Good luck !
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am Reply with quote
Certainly looking forward to you being able to post here without having to go through the convoluted process you have to use right now. (For those who may not know, Andy26 is not able to access ANN directly. I think the way it works is if he wants to post here, he has to give a hard copy of his post to somebody on the outside who posts it for him. My apologies if I got that wrong.)

But I hope you will be able to watch anime on a larger screen than just a phone!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1