• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Gundam Witch From Mercury Finale Interview Making Rounds

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:25 am Reply with quote
Being that it's about the finale, don't hover over the Siliconera link to avoid spoilers, but I'll keep my post here clean of spoils. I cannot vouch for how spoiler-free any posts after mine will be though.

Siliconera put this out a couple weeks back. Apparently the series director put an interview out onto the final BluRay and it really digs the knife into the discussion BamCo was attempting to shut down before when the voice actress spoke up about the main characters.

I have issues with it as a Gundam show, it's definitely not one of my favorite, but the ending was incredibly obvious given how they scripted it. That BamCo felt any sort of need to censor it down is incredibly weird and indicative of how out of touch they are with all of the various properties they're juggling right now.

I was just wondering how legitimate this reporting is right now, since the BluRays aren't quite out in the US yet, right?
Fluwm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:58 am Reply with quote
I don't really see any reason to doubt the reporting, and IME Siliconera is generally pretty accurate.

I also don't really see much need for clarification or debate when it comes to that epilogue -- it wasn't exactly subtle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1