• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bucchigiri?! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Bucchigiri?! (TV)

Source: Original

Demographic:

Animation Studio: MAPPA

Genres: comedy, drama, magic

Themes: gangs, magical creatures, school

Plot Summary: Arajin Tomoshibi’s reunion with his old pal Matakara Asamine takes an unexpected turn when they stumble into a brawl with the toughest guys in town. And just when you thought things couldn’t get weirder, a colossal genie decides to drop in.

Air Date & Platform:
January 13, 2024 (Saturday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes
----------------------------------

MAPPA's reputation continues to grow. All the genre and theme tags are purely speculative and based on the summary. But I'm hoping this'll be a fun little romp.

Last edited by Tony K. on Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Love the visual style and humour of this. Plus, I like me a good fightin' anime which this seems it's going to be. I knew there was something hinky about that Mahoro chick. Anyway, looks like this is going to be a good time.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:43 pm Reply with quote
This show is a big, loud, frantic mess, but it looks like it could be a fun mess.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

*sigh*

It's rare, but it does happen to me occasionally. I find I show I really like... but utterly hate the MC. Could this d-bag BE any more irritating, as Chandler Bing would say? He acts like a complete turd to his former friend and his mother and even after he's got proof that the so called girl of his dreams is a bro-con freak, he still lusts after her. I find his dynamic with the genie annoying, too. The whole "Honki People" is just a very unfortunate term. So I guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and put up with him as best I can while I enjoy the non-him parts of the show. The fight choreography is pretty cool.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I found myself fast forwarding through the parts that were just the MC and the genie, and that's not a good sign for the show's rental prospects here at Edjwald's anime trailer park.

This is a strange show - I'm not sure if it's straight, BL, or Bi-L. I'd be rooting for the former best friend as the love interest except that he can do better than the MC.

Gotta love the energy - the way the animation and the music and the artwork combine to make one Mr. Toad's Wild Ride of a show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1