• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Teasing Master Takagi-san (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Although if you look at it from a purist point of view he didn't actually get her

"Got her"= "causing her to blush". The synopsis asks this question so we finally have the answer of "yes". He scored 1 point....and tragically remains oblivious. lol
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but I think he’s slowly beginning to get a clue.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, the show's over. I'd say that the show might have worked better in shorter format, but it was still an endearing experience overall.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I rated this Good. I had to ding some points because it was fairly repetitive. It was not one of my eagerly anticipated titles each week and I feel like 12 episodes is enough. It's not like Laid-Back Camp or other titles where I would love to see more. Nonetheless, it was quite charming and I have no regrets in investing five hours of my life to it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Why didn't they kiss already?! But, I did recently find out about there being a spinoff manga recently, with an interesting premise, which makes me happy. A cute ending. Yeah, it is possibly true it might have done better as a shorter run show, just like that one show where the guy does stuff during class, but it is hardly the worst culprit, even of this season where Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen, was much more guilty.

It sold me on the teasing thing, where normally a type of bullying might be something to find a problem with, the clear crush aspect made it cute. Especially with Nishikata clearly also having feelings, that he did not want their relationship to be split apart.

I give a rating of Good (7/10), it was all good fun, and an easy watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (Finale)

Yeah, a second season. It at least finished on a date, and also had *gasp* handholding.

I don't think that it was any less cute with things, it just kind of felt like it was getting stale, so without being any less quality, the second season just felt like it was not as enjoyable. Was just kind of getting sick of the challenging to a new game, and we always know how it is going down. That the small things like the two being caught together on what could be seen as a date, or other small steps, just did not feel like worth continuing to go through the same thing. Nothing really changed anything up, such as if maybe their relationship did change in some way, where she still would tease him, and he would be conflicted with how to respond, without it feeling like it is too combative or something.

I rate the second season as Decent (6/10) not really losing my time because it is no worse, but felt like it came close because there is not much new over the first season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:20 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 12 (finale)

What do you know, the third of my posts in a row, each being the last episodes of each season. I won't pretend that it isn't some sort of indication that there is not a lot to talk about episode to episode. I had kind of become less interested in the series as it was coming into this, but I do think this season was better in a couple ways. Specifically I think that it integrated the three girls better, who to my understanding are actually from a separate manga. The season probably handled its wider cast in a better way, and not just feel like a distraction from the main focal point.

And it kicked up the possible romance too, with Takagi being a bit bolder in hinting that she actually likes Nishikata. The very last episode would even appear to have him realise that he actually likes her, after other characters were thinking that it was pretty obvious, and there almost seems like agreement there. I still think that the repeated plot structure was pretty stale, but I would also say it mixed it up a bit more this time.

My rating would be Good (7/10), where I am still a bit cold on it, I do coming off this season feel more positive than the second season.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:07 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
What do you know, the third of my posts in a row, each being the last episodes of each season. I won't pretend that it isn't some sort of indication that there is not a lot to talk about episode to episode. I had kind of become less interested in the series as it was coming into this, but I do think this season was better in a couple ways. Specifically I think that it integrated the three girls better, who to my understanding are actually from a separate manga. The season probably handled its wider cast in a better way, and not just feel like a distraction from the main focal point.

The manga that the three characters come from is a spin-off of the Takagi-san manga, although they do appear in it, but don’t do as much in it as they do in the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4