• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Teasing Master Takagi-san (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote

Season 1 - Teasing Master Takagi-san (TV)
Season 2 - Teasing Master Takagi-san (TV2)
Season 3 - Teasing Master Takagi-san (TV3)

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life

Plot Summary: Nishikata is a middle school student who has suffered humiliation due to being teased by Takagi, the girl who sits next to him. Since then, he has vowed to one day do the same to her and succeed in teasing her.

Season 3 - Jan. 7, 2022 (Fridays; HIDIVE)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew I was going to love this from the synopsis and damn if I wasn't right. xD
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Now that's a funny episode.

For most parts, I like Nishikata and Takagi's character chemistry so far. It really didn't take long at all for Nishikata to get teased in class. Takagi is also really good at getting Nishikata's attention.

The lighthearted soundtrack works well so far for this show imo. Character expressions sells the comedy pretty well especially for Nishikata. This should be a fun ride.

So much teasing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Pfft. I think I might give this another episode but I was bored watching this. The comedy wasn't working for me at all and the relationship between Takagi and Nishikata isn't something I can get behind just yet. I wanna see them getting along, like normally. Not just be about Nishikata getting predictably one-upped by Takagi all the time.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed this first episode and the series already looks to be one of my favorites of the season. Smile

Cam0 wrote:
Pfft. I think I might give this another episode but I was bored watching this. The comedy wasn't working for me at all and the relationship between Takagi and Nishikata isn't something I can get behind just yet. I wanna see them getting along, like normally. Not just be about Nishikata getting predictably one-upped by Takagi all the time.

Based on your personal issues on the show and the show’s premise, one has to wonder why did you watch it in the first place if this show succeeds at something you don’t particularly care for. As a fan of the manga, I would suggest that it’d probably be best for you to not watch any more (preferably not watched it to begin with) as this first episode is very indicative of the series as a whole and you not liking this type of comedy should probably move on to something else. Just my two cents, for what it’s worth.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I haven't decided whether I'll drop the show or not, but your advice has been duly noted.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:53 am Reply with quote
I doubt a girl would troll him like that unless she actually likes him.

Most opinions I have seen is that matches is that this might have been better at shorter length episodes.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first episode, but I do have questions about the ongoing viability of the premise. If every episode is just the same dynamic, I could see me getting bored quickly. Hopefully, they'll find some way to keep it from becoming one note.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 02

The last scene killed me. xD The show is so good at making you laugh even if nothing is happening. All it takes is music and prolonged stares from one character to another (the three girls with their uniforms i.e.)

"Pool" is definitely the funniest part of the episode though. Especially Nishikata's "triumphant" answer....oh my god. xDDDD
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I enjoyed the first episode, but I do have questions about the ongoing viability of the premise. If every episode is just the same dynamic, I could see me getting bored quickly. Hopefully, they'll find some way to keep it from becoming one note.

I have a feeling that it will go beyond Takagi just teasing Nishikata since romance is mentioned as being one of the genres of this show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, I ain't tired of this yet, that's for sure. I figured Takagi-san was just keeping Nishikata company (while teasing him, of course). The poor guy should just give up... he's like somebody who just learned how chess pieces move going up against a Grand Master. No chance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't think I could EVER get tired of this!! xD

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 am Reply with quote
If you have ever been put in the situation where you try and force an answer out of why a girl is not going into the water, and then you get outed as being insensitive.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The official Japanese website for the TV anime adaptation of Soichiro Yamamoto's love comedy manga KARAKAI JOZU NO TAKAGI-SAN has announced that 23-year-old voice actress Rie Takahashi, the voice of its main heroine Takagi-san, will join the upcoming Valentine's Day event in Shinjuku, Tokyo, on February 11, to deliver her chocolates directly to the fans. The event, also including her talk session, will be held three times at 10:30, 12:30, and 15:30, at the Kai Kai Kaigishitsu room in Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku.

To get her Valentine's Day chocolate, you need to pre-order and pay (cash only) for the first volume of the TV anime's DVD or Blu-ray at Animate's Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Yokohama, Shinjuku, or Akihabara store in advance. The ticket for the event will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. The chocolate that she will deliver is a so-called "Kara Choco (Karakai Chocolate)." It is filled with girl's teasing (karakai) feelings that make boys confused whether it is a serious one or a just obligatory one.

I so want to go to that! Hmm, I wonder if fans who get chocolates from her are obligated to give her something on White Day? Both leads are doing an awesome voice acting job but I particularly love Rie Takahashi's questioning sounds. Rie Takahashi, like virtually all seiyuus is supah cute. It's so weird that performers who are never seen doing their roles tend to be so good-looking.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 am Reply with quote
I'm constantly thinking that these characters more look like elementary school students than middle school students.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4