• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon (TV + OAV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much all the info is in the Black Lagoon TV 3 page I'd imagine. There hasn't been anything reported on it other than it's happening in '09.
neilly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Just watched it all the way through again in english dub after watching it in japanese first time round,and i have to say i thought the dubbed version was better(probably best dub i've seen yet).
Can't wait till the third series comes along Very Happy [/url]
shinzochi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi every one, i'm new here and i was wondering on Black Lagoon episode 13 "The Vampire Twins Cometh", does anyone know where i couold find that sone the twins are singing or at least the name of the song?
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't have Black Lagoon handy here, so I checked YouTube. For reference, the song is heard here, at about 1:50.

Black Lagoon, ep.13 wrote:
My mother has killed me,
My father is eating me,
My brothers and sisters sit under the table,
Picking up my bones,
they will bury them
under the cold-

From a web search I've learned that it's an old nursery rhyme, based on a fairy tale called The Rose Tree, which is also known as Grimm's The Juniper Tree (#47).
It doesn't look like the song is included on the Black Lagoon OST.

HTH Smile
shinzochi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
From a web search I've learned that it's an old nursery rhyme, based on a fairy tale called The Rose Tree, which is also known as Grimm's The Juniper Tree (#47).
It doesn't look like the song is included on the Black Lagoon OST.

HTH Smile

well what i ment was what i have found out is that usually when a show like has a song like that in there there is usually like an mp3 or something of the entire song it is just about finding out the name of it cause it usually has a different title then the song or poems' original version, and sometimes in the show it even mentions the name of the song like in episode 3 of the anime Tactics only it is actually a childrens game but it is a song which has a title, but thank you anyway. (Anime smile)
RevyRox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I saw this and figured every Revy fan would appreciate it!!

Photobucket

She was at Animeland TuCon. She has tons of awesome pics!!
Very Happy
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm afraid any response to that would be some unintelligible inappropriate lecherous comment, so I shall say no more. Anime exclamation Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Honestly the most amazing part is the arm tattoo and how precise it is. By any chance did you talk to her? I would love to know if that was some sort of henna tatto, make-up, or the real deal. Regardless that is pretty damn awesome.
LewsTherin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I just watched this, completely badass. I was surprised something with such a dark premise would appeal to me at all, but the character interaction between Revy and Rock is very good, and the action sequences are over the top and awesome. The characters are memorable in a way I find somewhat similar to the wacky and over the top characters from One Piece, albeit with a much darker tone.

My only gripe with the series is the beginning of the second season, with the spoiler[creepy child assassin brother/sister duo. Besides the fact they completely disgusted and sickened me, it felt like the writers couldn't think of something interesting so they just went with generic psychopathic children that wreak havoc for a couple episodes.]
robinsfire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quote
it seems from what i read on this site its only going to be an ova. while im thankfull for any new black lagoon im pretty disappointed it wont be a whole new season. makes me pretty sad actually. Crying or Very sad
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote
Source: http://www.animevice.com/news/black-lagoon-scores-3rd-season-ova-gia-dies-happy/4016/

Gia Manry wrote:
If you've been keeping up with VIZ's releases of the Black Lagoon manga, then you know the arc we're in: El Baile de la Muerte, the Dance of Death, featuring the return of deadly maid Roberta. I won't say more for fear of spoiling.

But it's a really cool, extremely violent and angry arc. And now it's going to be animated! Word from Moon Phase is that this third season of the Black Lagoon anime, to be titled BLACK LAGOON: Roberta's Blood Trail, will be released on five DVDs/Blu-Ray releases, the first of which is due out on July 17th.

I am a huge huge huge fan of Black Lagoon, so you bet your modern-day pirate booty I'm excited for the series. Here are several reasons why.

1. The Opening. Seriously, the bad Engrish combined with the really catchy but edgy style is awesome.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbc8l01GpZg

2. Revy + Rock forever. Yeah, I ship them. You want to fight about it? I'll sic Revy on you.

Rock, Revy

3. Sawyer the Cleaner. I don't think she has a big role in the arc, but any Sawyer is better than no Sawyer. This chainsaw-wielding gothic lolita mercenary-slash-meatpacker speaks through an Ultravoice because during some gig gone bad, her throat was slit. Man, Sawyer is awesome.

4. Roberta. View this image. It is all you need to know about Roberta.

If you want a jump start on this OVA, pick up volumes 6, 7, and 8 of the Black Lagoon manga, and then twiddle your thumbs until July 13th, when VIZ releases #9, which concludes the arc. Yum. And if you're not familiar with the show at all, but you love a good action series with some dark humor (and dark drama, for that matter)-- a little more adult and dark than, say, Bleach --you should really consider picking up FUNimation's box set (RightStuf still has some of the individual releases too, but it'll be a lot more expensive that way).

I sure hope it won't take too long for FUNimation to license and English Dub the Season 3 OVA Series Smile.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am Reply with quote
Cool. I'm just about to start reading the El Baile de la Muerte arc. Man, if it stretches over 2 and a third volumes, it must be a long one. I love Sawyer, too. That moment in the anime when she spoiler[sits down all dejected and depressed over dropping her Voice Thingy was one of my favourite moments in Black Lagoon.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
The ANN page for the OVA has been updated a bit and it now has a title. It also seems, the official website says it's a "season" which would imply that it's not just going to be a one shot OVA but rather multiple episodes. Very Happy

*celebrates by going back and watching the first 2 seasons again*
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I just found out they animated the omake from the end of each volume, and...

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

They were all great, especially the gender-flipped one. Seeing female Rock running along with the exaggerated "boing boing boing" sound effect almost had me in tears, and his second anguished scream -- the one that sounded more like a howl -- was better than comedy gold. It was comedy platinum.

I demand they include these in the next box set as an extra, and they should be dubbed in English. If so, they'd better have a coroner on standby, because I may die laughing.
nechronius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Black Lagoon is one of the only titles among my anime collection which resides on a single shelf on one of my bookcases. I introduced it to several people who count it among their favorites as well.

Having said that, I do hope that the animation team cleans things up a bit as they go along (I'm referring to the pacing and story, not the sex/violence stuff) much as they've done with the first two seasons. Frankly I was rather disappointed with how the whole arc ended, so I look forward to seeing what they can accomplish. I was left with a disappointed "that's it???" reaction although the new story arc looks interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 27