• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon (TV + OAV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shigurei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
It's levi i think
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Shigurei wrote:
It's levi i think

Except that it explicitly says 'Revy' Neutral I'm pretty sure it says it right there in the trailer for season two posted on the main ANN page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shigurei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
Shigurei wrote:
It's levi i think

Except that it explicitly says 'Revy' Neutral I'm pretty sure it says it right there in the trailer for season two posted on the main ANN page.

Well different subbs might hear it wrong if u really want to know just go to a english website for it then click chracters and then u should see if it's right or not.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's Revy or possibly Rebi since her real name is spoiler[Rebecca]

sykosteve wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

Compare Fayes puny useage of a MP5 and Glock 30 to Revy's twin Beretta 92FS, and her useage of the M79, APS Underwater Assault Rifle, and the M82. Hell, I commend BL for the useage of the antiquated PT and the PBR!!

I was wondering what kind of guns it was that Revy was using. They called it a Cutlass a few times in the show but any googling I did turned up swords.

I loved the sound her guns made Anime hyper

the spoiler[maid vs revy] fight was amazing...

Wikipedia lists them as Beretta 92F's which have been heavily modified with chrome, engraved with a variant of the Jolly Roger (Skull and crossed swords), and silenced which is what makes them sound like that.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 am Reply with quote
Shigurei wrote:
selenta wrote:
Shigurei wrote:
It's levi i think

Well different subbs might hear it wrong if u really want to know just go to a english website for it then click chracters and then u should see if it's right or not.

No no, there aren't even any subs in that video, it's the official trailer still in Japanese, and it says "Revy" at least three times printed out across the screen. There's not much to debate or look up here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Wikipedia lists them as Beretta 92F's which have been heavily modified with chrome, engraved with a variant of the Jolly Roger (Skull and crossed swords), and silenced which is what makes them sound like that.

They're not silenced. They have a provision for a silencer in the form of threaded extended barrels with covers over the threadings much like the HK Mk.23 mod.0 or USP Tactical.

Maybe the reason the Berettas sound like is that it's being fed subsonic 9mm ammunition so Revy doesn't have to think about switching ammunition when using the silencer or carrying two types of 9mm rounds. Unlike .45ACP used in the Mk.23 and USP, standard 9mm ammunition travels faster than the speed of sound which would make the silencer pointless.
ironwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Anybody watch the first episode of the second season yet (episode 13)? I got it two days ago, have scanned through it, but haven't had time to give it the full-slobbering drool viewing.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

They're not silenced. They have a provision for a silencer in the form of threaded extended barrels with covers over the threadings much like the HK Mk.23 mod.0 or USP Tactical.

Maybe the reason the Berettas sound like is that it's being fed subsonic 9mm ammunition so Revy doesn't have to think about switching ammunition when using the silencer or carrying two types of 9mm rounds. Unlike .45ACP used in the Mk.23 and USP, standard 9mm ammunition travels faster than the speed of sound which would make the silencer pointless.

If you say so I don't know jack about guns, I just gave a very basic overview about what the article says about the mods to the guns.

Quote:
Anybody watch the first episode of the second season yet (episode 13)? I got it two days ago, have scanned through it, but haven't had time to give it the full-slobbering drool viewing.

Yeah, I have, it's very good as is the norm for the series but there's a noticable lack of Revy action, and more focus on the new story developing which they will soon be involved in no doubt, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I felt the first season had a considerable lack of the Rock action ( you know, except with the 'the' Neutral ). I loved his character, and felt he kinda got the short stick compared to Revy (which really wasn't TOO bad...). Hopefully he takes more of a central role this time.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
ironwarrior wrote:

Your not really missing much, since they spoiler[seem to focus more on the Gothic Lolicon/Shotacon assasins and Balalaika going slowly furious than the Black Lagoon crew.]
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote
I might be alone on this but I thought that was a really cool episode, I didn't really mind the lack of Revy and Rock action too much...I thought the twins were a bit freaky they gave me a bit of a chill with the whole "lets take him home and have some fun" thing. Anybody care to guess how old they are...I say they're about ten-ish. Anyways great episode can't wait to see more. Anime hyper
cool3865

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
i was gonna guess 12 years old, but i have a feeling that ep.13 and 14 are gonna be some freaky shows. i can't wait for ep.14 to come out
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
i was gonna guess 12 years old, but i have a feeling that ep.13 and 14 are gonna be some freaky shows. i can't wait for ep.14 to come out

Well that depends what you consider "freaky". I think what disturbed me the most about the kids was there sextual attraction to eachother since they are both brother and sister. Shocked
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
cool3865 wrote:

Well that depends what you consider "freaky". I think what disturbed me the most about the kids was there sextual attraction to eachother since they are both brother and sister. Shocked

My god, is that some kind of trend? First in Shakugan No Shana and then Black Lagoon, now Im scared of every young twins, who knows what they could do!
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Drowning_Wolf wrote:
omar235 wrote:
cool3865 wrote:

My god, is that some kind of trend? First in Shakugan No Shana and then Black Lagoon, now Im scared of every young twins, who knows what they could do!

Intresting enough there used to be ferternal twins in my 10th grade science class...they where together every where they went...this proves something could of been up. Twisted Evil Theres only one thing that I would piss my pants if I saw them at night on a back road...midgets...they scare me...alot.

I have a challenge..does anyone know what gun the sister is useing...it looks chain fed but I can't really remember. It looks like the MG42...sorta.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 27