• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Speed Grapher - Girls on Film

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just a Pilgrim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:14 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know whether of not GoF will be used as the theme tune on the R2(European) or R4 dvd releases? I believe the failure to secure the rights to the song was specific to North America only. Any one have any info?
[NewType]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:30 am Reply with quote
Well, this song was a hit in the '80s by Duran Duran in America and maybe a lot of the world. I'm guessing the only places that'll ever have it intact is Japan as the import anime companies are too small compared to the Japanese companies who have all the money. Similar situation happened with Zeta Gundam as the OPs/ED were composed by an American song writer/musician. The R1 version was released by Bandai Ent. (US). Seeing that that's a branch of a HUGE Japanese company and we still didn't get the original music shows that you probably wont get it anywhere else but Japan.
Just a Pilgrim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Bugger!
[NewType]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote
I got a chance to watch the whole thing while it was airing in Japan. It starts out really cool but then... bleh. It was an original concept done by Gonzo. Why can't Gonzo see a series through to the end with something decent? Gah. Anyway, I didn't think it was worth buying seeing how it turned out regardless of the OP change or not.
ryujin jakka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree, however this show did not even start out good. Wow it was not all that good, I can;t understand why half of what gonzo puts out now is absoulut crap. What ever happend to good shows like Samurai Seven, Last Exile, and Burst Angel.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quote
I'll reserve judgement until I see it myself.

I saw some clips of it on YouTube, and it looks pretty damn good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:27 am Reply with quote
i wouldn't say it was crap. if you like your anime serious, you probably won't like it. however, if you just want a fun action anime, this is definitely for you.

too bad they got rid of "Girls On Film", not having it kills the whole decadent style the series is going for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1