• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Coyote Ragtime Show

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
i gotta say i'm really liking this. it's probably the most fun series to come out lately. it's been 6 straight episodes, and i haven't been bored once. not only that but the animation is really good, it's like Outlaw Star with way better production. this could be one of the best series of the summer.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, I couldn't stand this show. I saw the first three, and it drove me NUTS. I kept thinking "oh, maybe it'll stop being so horribly overdramatic", but at least as of the third episode, it hadn't. The animation was pretty good as you said, and the girls (especially the detective's assistant, forget her name Wink ) were very hot, but the acting (if it can be called that) was SOOOOoooo dramatic I couldn't stand it. It was like watching the acting of a bad group of high schoolers. Absolutely nothing can kill a show for me as fast as that incredibly hoaky acting (not to mention the rather cheesily done western aspect to it) and characters that SEVERELY overreact.

Honestly, I thought this was one of the worst shows I've seen recently. I'm really very patient with shows, as I WANT to like them; but I just could NOT sit through this one. I can see how someone MIGHT like it, but I have absolutely no tolerance for stupidity and this show just seems to reek of it to me. 4/10 in my book, due mainly to the hoaky plot, hoaky acting, extremely forced circumstances, terrible bad guys (c'mon, 12 robot killing maching lolis?).

EDIT: ok ok, I'm actually in support of the 12 killing machine lolis; but did they have to be robots? That removes the most appealing part! (the idea of 12 year old killing machine girls, I've always loved that idea. What did you think I was going to say? Rolling Eyes )

Last edited by selenta on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
It's alright. The story isn't very good and characters are a mixed bag. The male characters (other than Swamp) are lousy all around, in both character design and personality. They are just boring. The female character designs are pretty good, but still lacking in the characterization department. I've only seen up to episode 3, so maybe it will get better.

But the animation is pretty well done, IMO.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
I'm about to call it quits after 4. For reasons stated above.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote
4Chan's weapons board has officially dismissed Coyote Ragtime Show as junk. Black Lagoon provided better useage of guns.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1