• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OMFG!!! i gots tons of free anime on tv, and you can too!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papa john

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
ok i was reading another thread and saw something about anime on demand and i checked it out and i looked around for priceing and availability.. heres what i found.

"The best part of all is that it’s free! That’s right you get free anime straight to your TV! We’ve got everything from brand new shows to old school classics, giant robots to magical girls and even dubbed AND subtitled programming"

sound intresting?

this link tells you all about it in their words

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/schedVOD.php?vodViewID=1

what they say is slightly wrong when it comes to finding it... for me i have adelphia so i have to hit the guide button on my remote and i didn't notice this at first but the list on this page actually scrolls down.. and the only hint about that is a little arrow at the bottom of the screen.. i almost gave up looking.. but further down is "cutting edge" thats where all the anime is.. awsome huh? i wish someone better explained this sooner.. because most of these series are in the middle..

unfortunitly....this is only available for adelphia and dish network...

want to know if its available in your area? this link will help you find out.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/locator/zip_fullpage.php

i also found some cool movies on demand in the FREE section. even in some areas that cost money their are free movies.. some of which are pretty good. for instance.. i found the movie zatoichi.. awsome.. its about a blind samurai.. and its rated R for lots and lots of blood Very Happy and is pretty funny depending on the scene.. and has this awsome japanese dance at the end with most of the characters from the movie... i now own it on dvd Very Happy

btw im not shur if the zatoichi they have is the same movie i have.. because the one they have is english subtitles.. and the one i have is english dub...

after watching some of this movie in fast forward it doesnt appear to be the same movie... maybe some sort of remake... sorry to all the blood and gore fans.

anyway im gonna go watch some anime goodbye for now Very Happy
Riyousha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm officially jealous because I don't have dish network or charter. What if new shows are gonna be on TAN?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
papa john

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:03 am Reply with quote
OMG i found THE funniest anime ever... its called "ghost stories" episode two is nuts.. these kids are in elementry school but are more perverted then kids in high school... and NO its not loli, no stuff of that kind found here (rated tv14) but whats funny... "

2 boys in the bathroom peeing

1"once again she's the one who flashed me, she's a tease and you know what kind of tease im talking about"
2"um can we not talk about this while im peeing"
1"she's under sexed thats not my fault!"
2"she's in elementry school of course she's under sexed"

toilets in the school explode flooding it...

the girl their talking about fell down in front of them and she was wearing a skirt.

and the potty mouth on these kids.. i think they got it from the teachers LOL

a teacher in the bathroom before something reaches out and pulls him in the toilet

"ah too much coffie, i shoulda just pissed in the sink in the teachers lounge, nobody would have known or maybe in ms havems thermis"

lol i dont get this.. but the thing in the toilet says "do you want red paper or blue paper... before pulling him in.. "

lol this one aint for the faint of heart Razz

lol ah man this is good... their looking for the ghost, the main character and a girl.. and he says to her all soft and sweet like he's about to confess his love for her..
" I've been holding this in for far to long" she blushes then he says "I've gotta poop I've been holding it in for far too long i dont want my butt to explode like the teacher said" LOL

theirs also a cat that sounds like the cat from serena the teenage witch.. and he's sooo evil its funny

also the red paper and blue paper means.. (just found this out)
if you say red paper he rips your head off and it rains down blood... blue paper and he strangles you.. so of course the kid says yellow.. which is worse because he angers the ghost by not saying one of the two he offered and he trys to drag him down to hell..

ok after this I've definetly found my NEW FAVORITE CHANNEL
adult swim and encore are defintly sitting in the back seat from now on.

also they have j-pop music videos! wow... the only words in english... in this one song is "strawbarry sex, what a wonderfull world".. its funny because he's hitchhikeing and he keeps getting picked up by... men.. even if they look like women Razz
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
WELCOME TO 2004
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
[snip, don't mention that stuff on the forums -TK]

no seriously, I'm kinda jealous of you... I can't have that here in Canada.

and Steven, do you even have that in Ireland, for you to be so sarcastic?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
The lengthy descriptions are unnecessary. Claiming jealousy just because of these lengthy descriptions is also unnecessary.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1