• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Utawarerumono (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
Well, it's my belief that anything produced by Aquaplus that's based off of a game from their Leaf divison will be good. With titles such as Comic Party, Comic Party Revolution, To Heart, To Heart 2, Air, Kanon, and now Utawarerumono to back this up, we can assume the next big h-game from Leaf will be made into an anime and, of course, be rated just as high if not better than these.

Gimme a break.

Air and Kanon were created by Key, a company formed by spinoffs of Tactics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I read the comment you made in the other thread and edited it to show that it was a mistake while still leaving the mistake so people will notice what NOT to do. It's most likely either from bad information that I didn't bother to check before, or just that the animation is very similar. Anyway, back to Utawarerumono. What do you all think is instore for the future (no spoilers from the people that played the game please). I think that they'll probably kill the target within the next 3 or 4 episodes, but I'm not sure. Hopefully it'll be something like the silver-haired bird guy kills the guy with the horrible laugh and then tries to start a coup against the rest of his race Razz
free2slap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
is it me but i've watched the last episode which is 14 and i can't help picking up that something changed between onto this episode when comparing to the others. spoiler[their movements have changed and it also seemed the environment had become more darker. the violence is more accurate as they show people cutting in half. which by the way excited me because it is a recall of berserk. we rather see good fighting skills than swinging swords]. the only annoyance i believe it's the villain with his evil laugh and sometimes i wish someone would kill him already. but nevertheless because i'm rooting for him. Smile . i don't really like the concept of the good guys always triumph over the bad guys. by now hakuroro team seems unstoppable and it'd be cool if one of them die. however in this fight that's occuring if hakuroro wins then the anime will trully be between 26 episodes. if he looses then he'll go beyond 26 episodes because it would probably look impossible to cover everything in 12 episodes since we don't know who hakurro is and they will have the hardship to gain their country back. so far i really like this turn of event in this last episode and i hope it becomes more darker.
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
They might have a oav after this because the anime is only 26 episodes. Though It could possibly end within 12 more episodes, I think the story is too deep for that.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote
free2slap wrote:
is it me but i've watched the last episode which is 14 and i can't help picking up that something changed between onto this episode when comparing to the others. spoiler[their movements have changed and it also seemed the environment had become more darker. the violence is more accurate as they show people cutting in half. which by the way excited me because it is a recall of berserk. we rather see good fighting skills than swinging swords].

I heard the first half was done by a different team of animators (surprisingly they're the ones who has done Shuffle!). The action scenes were really more dynamic at that time, but you do notice off-model character designs (especially from the soldiers, ugh Mad ). The second half went back to normal with the original staff.
Exaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Just changed the thread name, since people got to talking about the show in general and not just episode 14.. and also, I want to do that!

I just saw episode 15 and I am again very excited!spoiler[Karura has got to be one of my favorite anime warrior chicks right about now (not of all time, sure, but for the moment, I am in awe of her people-dismembering power!) Smile And that guy with the annoying laugh got just what he deserved for having a laugh that annoying. Eaten! I am most pleased.

I just hope Hakuoro's inner beast isn't named Kyuubi. Hahahaha.]

Also.. free2slap, first you were all nay-sayey.. then in the 17th post in the thread, you turn around and repeat exactly what I said in the very first post (and the reason I made the thread) as if no one had heard it before! I don't really care, but it just made me go "Huh?" Maybe you should read the first post in a thread next time.. or phrase your agreement more like an agreement with something that's already been said. Wink
free2slap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also.. free2slap, first you were all nay-sayey.. then in the 17th post in the thread, you turn around and repeat exactly what I said in the very first post (and the reason I made the thread) as if no one had heard it before! I don't really care, but it just made me go "Huh?" Maybe you should read the first post in a thread next time.. or phrase your agreement more like an agreement with something that's already been said.

my bad, actually when i first read your post i only went through the first paragraph and didn't read the rest.

and also speaking of which, i do too like how the mix women and men and it wasn't all about men. and the women are really feisty in this show besides they seem to hold stronger than the guys . i bet in a future episode the villain is going to be a female. Razz
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Just saw episode 17, god this is a great show. They keep switching archetypes (very well I might add) to fit whatever mode the story is in atm, Elfen Lied also did a very good job at this. I loved the little animal and Touka's reaction to it... despite her initial attitude it manages to not feel particularly odd coming from her (it's probably the ears Rolling Eyes ). I also LOVED the part where Oboro gets spoiler[well... "taken advantage of" might not be ENTIRELY correct, as it alludes that that wasn't the first time, but I thought it was great that the girls got him drunk and slept with him Anime catgrin ] This show has so many different things going for it, I may just have to bump it up to a 9 if it can keep up this pace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pleroma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Those "girls" may still be guys like in the game.

Nobody knows Confused
Exaar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
They have tails. Don't only girls have tails in the show? Or possibly not.. it's never been very clear, but it seems for the most part like only the girls have tails, and that seemed to be kinda implied in the first episode. And the twins have tails. So I assume they are girls. But I dunno, cause I haven't played the game. Smile They certainly looked all feminine spoiler[when curled up with Oboro!] But then again, 'looking feminine' is really not conclusive evidence in anime. Wink

Re-watching that scene though, it occurs to me that they are kind of 'gender negative'. I mean, I always ASSUMED they were girls, but now when you look at it.. niether of them has much of a figure. And spoiler[the way they are laying with Oboro, you can't see their crotches (obviously) or chest, so you really can't tell.] It may be that they're just going to finish the anime and never say one way or the other for sure.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure there girls not guys because I dont think Oboro would be that calm about the whole incident no matter how long he's known them.
Exaar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Unless he doesn't mind sleeping with guys. There's nothing in the show that I recall which declared Oboro's sexual orientation. Wink
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm....you make a good point they don't state which way he "swings", I guess its just that the twins don't really give off a sense of them being gay, I mean in anime you can "usally" tell if they are gay or not. Unless the animator wanted to keep it vague to surprise us later. Wink
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Well... if there's one thing I picked up from Princess Princess "if the guys are pretty enough..." Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
They're girls. You'd have to pay closer attention to the details, but I'll leave most of those for your discovery Razz One thing I will point out is that it makes perfect sense that they're archers since girls do make better archers than guys, same with snipers, I think it has to deal with them being able to aim the weapon better cause they don't get as shaky as guys do, most likely from smaller muscle mass (crap let out another one). Might as well point out that most male archers have rather large arm muscles, mostly because of the strength it takes to wield a good bow, which is why they wield dhorter bows. If my guess is right those are probably 80 lb bows or somewhere close to that (takes 80lbs of force to pull it back) while most bows used by men in those times were 150 lbs +, especially in England (I know, diff area) where the longbowmen used 200lb bows and had to fire at I think it was 2 arrows in 3 seconds or something like that. Anyway, so given the knowledge of the bows and of the series, it's safe to conclude that they are girls (with nice color tails at that Razz)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5