• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kasimasi(Kashimashi)-Girl meets Girl Questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomigid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Spoiler Alert
I have a couple of questions about this anime.
1. Who do you think Ayuki loves, but "will not rise up to the stage" ( in other words, will not tell or show that she loves him/her?
2. At the end of episode 12, it is the following spring after Hazumu picked Yasuna over Tomari,( and after the credits roll) Yasuana tells Hazuma-" You know.........!", then it switches to Hazuma jumping on the stones to cross the river, like he did years ago when he promised to be Tomari's groom, and with a very happy expression on her face, yells at Tomari- "You know..........!"
What do you think was said?
Watching the end credits you can see that they are all freinds again, so what are they saying?
kid_gloves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote
1) I think it was pretty well implied that she liked Hazumu as well.

2) I like to think it was somewhere along the lines as "You know... we can still go on like it was before for a while". Kinda like there is no rush to push the relationship forward lets still have fun with your friends etc.
Nomigid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
You think Ayuki loved the male Hazumu, but would not do anything because she knew Tomari loved him, too?
In the episode where they are in like a haunted house, in the school. Yasuna tells Ayuki that she (Yasuna), has noticed that Ayuki hangs around Tomari a lot and Yasuna wonders if it is not only because Tomari's friend, but also to be around Hazumu.
To which Ayuki replies that she is not as dense as Tomari, but she is only half right, which puzzles Yasuna, Ayuki also adds the Yasuna has nothing to worry about fro her.
Half right? Asuta also hangs around a lot with Tomari and Hazumu.
So, half right- she loves the male Hazumu, but not the female Hazumu, or does she love Asuta, or maybe she loves Tomari?
As to the " You know..........!", maybe since they are all freinds again and Yasuna is cured, maybe Yasuna is telling Hazumu that there is plenty of time and the can go back to when all three of them(Hazumu,Tomari,and Yasuna), had a( I do not really know how to say it) a kind of three way love/frendship thing going on in episode 9.
By the way, it broke my heart when Hazumu picked Yasuna over Tomari.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Lots of spoilers here, so you should edit your posts with the spoiler tag. I know you typed it there, but sometimes you may just catch a word or 2 before seeing that, and can ruin things.

Anyway,
spoiler[I was thinking Ayuki wanted Tomari. After Hazumu broke up with her (yeah, that was pretty sad) who was there? Ayuki. Who was pushing Tomari to tell Hazumu her feelings? Ayuki.]
Nomigid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about the Spoiler thing, but I have not figured out how to get the black lines to cover the text, yet.
You may be right about Ayuki loving Tomari- Ayuki always seems to be around or running into Tomari at the oddest places.
In episode 1 when Asuta drops the girls in swinsuit magazines that Asuta was going to give Hazumu( after he had been rejected by Yasuna), Ayuki picks them up and starts looking at them( which gets her yelled at by Tomari).
Then in the episode where Hazumu picks Yasuna over Tomari, Ayuki goes up to Tomari( who is putting on a brave act), and hugs her and says" Let me cry for you", and Ayuki really cries. I wonder if Ayuki is crying so hard because she loves Tomari and Tomari is in such pain, and maybe because she knows or thinks that Tomari will never love her that way or that much.
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Nomigid wrote:
Sorry about the Spoiler thing, but I have not figured out how to get the black lines to cover the text, yet.

When you are posting a message, there is a line of commands. B, I, U, Quote, Code, List, List=, Img, URL, and spoiler. Click spoiler before you begin a spoiler area, and then click it again once you've finished the spoiler. That will put the black bars over the text. Or you can simply type
Code:
[spoiler] [/spoiler]
with the "spoiled" information in between.

Until you're comfortable with it, I'd suggest using the spoiler button, and making sure to preview posts with spoilers to be certain that you didn't forget a bracket or a slash, etc.
DeezNutz4u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I got those same questions after watching the series, and the 2nd question bothers the hell out of me. I rewatched the series twice already, still couldn't figure it out... Anyway, it may be just me, but the ending seems almost open-ended, with the "You know..." and everything... (It's already been spoiled, so no harm in me saying it).

As for the first question, spoiler[it may be that Ayuki likes Tomari, but then what she said to Yasuna in Episode 8, the haunted house/school one, kinda throws that theory off. And let's be realistic, Asuta's more of a comic relief/clown of the series, like Matagu from Onegai Teacher, so I don't think anyone's in love with him.]

Just a thought, but does anyone think that they'll put out a OAV episode for Kasimasi like they did with the Onegai series? I mean, their concepts are similar, love triangle, weird ailment on one of the characters, space aliens...

Oh yea, it's awful that Hazumu had to finally pick one. spoiler[Even though Yasuna was the "right" choice, it still sucks that Tomari was left hanging. But then again, I felt bad for either character at certain points of the series.]
Nomigid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I do not know about Hazuma picking Yasuna over Tomari, being the right thing to do.
If Hazumu really loved Yasuna more than Tomari, then yes it was the right thing to do.
But if he loved both equally,or Tomari more, and picked Yasuna just because she needed him more, it would be the wrong thing to do.
Like when Hazumu felt he had to accept Yasuna's kiss just because Hazumu felt bad for her and because Yasuna had been through so much( which really hurt Tomari's feelings, when she walked in on them kissing).
So now that Yasuna is cured and does not really need Hazumu, what happens?
If Hazumu really loved Tomari more than Yasuna, now that Yasuna is cured, does Hazumu leave Yasuna for Tomari, or stay with someone she does not love as much?
And if she loved both of them the same, does she wobble back and forth between the two, like before( making all of them miserable)?
DeezNutz4u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even think about that... you're right though. However, remember that spoiler[Yasuna's ailment got worse after she caught Tomari kissing Hazumu], so I don't think she's necessary cured for good, it may return if Hazumu does the juggling act again. But then again, it's all hypothetical.

I have a question for anyone who wants to answer it: at the end after the credits roll, when spoiler[Hazumu jumps the rocks across the creek and says to Tomari "You know...", ]I assumed that was a flashback scene, but I couldn't find that anywhere prior. What was that all about???
Arxilius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
1) Fairly certain it's Tomari. After all, she is most consistantly hanging out with Tomari, she was there to comfort (and even cry for) Tomari when Hazumu went off to be with Yasuna, and, in general, who else is there? Asuta? NO! As was said before, Asuta is comic relief. The teacher? NO! Ew. She's in her thirties, if I remember correctly? No. A thousand times no. The Aliens? ...well, she is remarkably similar to Yuki Nagato from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"... but I'm still betting no.

2) I agree that it was probably a "you know, this doesn't have to change yet". That's the vibe I got.
Nomigid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
" You know this dose not have to change yet", ( or something like it) makes the best sense of anything I have heard yet.
I also heard a rumor that in October they will release a thirteenth episode. I do not know if this is true or not, but from what I heard, it will be some extra material from somewhere in the middle of the show( kind of like Elfen Lied's OVA aka. episode 10.5), so if that is true, it will not enlighten us on the " You know.........!" question.
I do hope it is true, I like this show!
Do you think there is any chance of a second season?
DeezNutz4u

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I think for now the answer that you and everyone who answered gave me is the only one that makes sense, so thanks for putting up with my constant and persistent question.

For some reason, when I finished the series the first time around, I thought they may put out an OVA episode, which I hope they do. It would probably fall in line with something like Onegai Teacher/Twins's 13th episodes, just one of those after-the-fact, fan service type... By the way, I didn't even know Elfen Lied had an OVA. Is it on the American release? Also, from where did you hear the rumor of a 13th episode for Kasimasi?

I honestly don't know if they would have a second season. I mean, the manga was never finished, but I just don't see where they can find material to extend the series, or to top the emotional, well-written final episode. So, I would have to say no there isn't. And I agree, I like this show, definitely one of the best anime I've ever seen.
Nomigid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
A little off topic, but someone asked about it here.
Elfen Lied's OVA( aka episode 10.5), has not been picked-up by any company that I can find, so you have to look on the internet for it. It is worth watching!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1