• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question on XXXHolic anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote
Ok first of all I do know what XXXHolic is since I have read the first 4 volumes of the manga. I'm just wondering does the anime adaptation follow the manga thoroughly? Also does it include the link to Tsubasa Chronocle like the manga version? Also is it worth checking it out for myself or should I just stick to the manga? Also is there a XXXHolic movie as I heard about that before hearing about the TV series? And one last question if there is a movie what was it about?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
So far, the anime has been picking and choosing individual short stories from the manga. (e.g. the Ouija board/Angel game; the fox-oden stand; etc.) It jumps around a bit.

I don't remember seeing the Tsubasa characters show up, so it seems they're trying to present this as a stand-alone series.

Yes, there is a "movie" (if 50 mins. counts) that came out last August. It's a different story that wasn't in the manga but gives I.G a chance to show off their computer animation effects Razz It also ties in to the Tsubasa movie.
teferi

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Not to mentiont hat the movie completely owns the TV series aniamtion wise. I mean that's usually a given because of the gap in budget (i.e. each minute of a movie gets a hell of alot more cash than TV series), but the TV series is horrible in that respect, sloppy vague water color backgrounds, gray background crowds and even the monsters look like soemthing out of the old ghostbusters cartoon back in the 80's O_o

when you compare it to the animation in the movie which is so sharp and has an amazing amount of movement... the gap in quality is so big it almsot hurts to see the TV series after the movie... and I'm not a CLAMP fan...

Heck I had to check to see that I.G. Productions was doing both the series and movie O_o;;

Oh and the people that say the series is aiming for some kind of stylistic message with the grey crowds and what not - BS >.>

Check out the movie. Unless you're a huge fan of the manga the TV series is going to depend on how forgiving you are. I mean I'm only checking it out because yuuko is hot Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1