• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi - When They Cry (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lllwtflll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
hot sauce huh? Yeah, that makes sense! Thanks a lot for clearing that up. Geez... it makes that whole scene so much harder to watch though knowing that they were just trying to help him out and have some fun with him. I haven't started season 2 yet but i'll watch it soon!
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
I just finished Higirushi No Naku Koro Ni and I am impressed.

Impressed in a disturbing way I should say. Higurashi has some of the scariest moments I've ever seen. While having seen some of the truly violent anime series, still, I can never forget episode 17 of Higurashi - Shion's "atonement". spoiler[Torture is painstakingly detailed... starting from heavy breathing, wide pupils, trembling of her whole body, drops of sweat, shaking of her voice, screams and do I even need to mention the pain and fear? All of it made her lose herself, and as I watched this trough I realized... that sequence is perfect. Frighteningly perfect. It almost felt as this was drawn from life. Great art, animation and voice acting, very impressive.]

When I showed the scene above to my friend she was really shocked(hope I didn't cause her trauma for the rest of her life... oh well)

Can't wait to get my hands on second season. Hopefully I'll get to see how that "bodybag" that is shown at beginning of episode nine came to be. Wink

My only major complain is about inconsistency of animation and some minor mistakes. This series deserves more love from animators.
max14578

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
guys this is so mest up i have so many Q. spoiler[in the first volume did the insert him with a needle and then did he kill them with a bat or did he manege to get out of theyir grip. Then in the next seary did he magikly go back in time? And i cant seem to find episode 7 on internet can someone help me or give me a tip about that?]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
It wouldn't be any fun to explain what actually happened before you finish the series, but as a hint, are you sure you can trust that Keiichi is telling the truth? As for the plot arcs, it's easiest at this point of the series to think of them as resets. The characters have no memory of what happened. Everything that happened before the point you the arc starts from remains the same, but slight differences occur that change the outcome.

Your first question will be answered by the end of the first series, and the answer to the second is heavily implied in the final scene of the first series, but the full explanation comes in the sequel.

As for finding the show online, I don't know of any legal streaming sites for it. You could try buying or renting the series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
max14578 wrote:
guys this is so mest up i have so many Q. spoiler[in the first volume did the insert him with a needle and then did he kill them with a bat or did he manege to get out of theyir grip. Then in the next seary did he magikly go back in time? And i can't seem to find episode 7 on internet can someone help me or give me a tip about that?]

Each chapter is independent but still connected. Watch the rest of it, then watch the sequel series and any questions will be answered.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
@Hentai_JP
That scene, out of all other scenes, was one of the most memorable of the series. Oh, how I love watching that scene over and over again.....

Anyway, how the bodybag came to be wasn't exactly answered in the anime, at least in my memory. However, I heard that the person in the bag was spoiler[Rina. She tried to escape from Satoko's uncle/her pimp with money. However, she was caught and tortured, eventually being killed. Then, Satoko's uncle came to Hinamizawa to escape being arrested. You know how it goes from there...] It must've been painful. Looking at the mutilated body, you see nails through her fingers and.... Guh...

However, I only remember hearing about this on some forum; I didn't play the game, nor do I actually have an accurate memory. It might've been in the anime too. Again, bad memory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 30 of 30