• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Speedgrapher's R1 Lmited editions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote
i enjoy when a series gets the royal treatment and is released in a premium version. Although films have a long tradition of having a director's cut or a DTS edition there seems to be only a few anime series that have special editions beyond the first or last volume. I love the two disc versions of the SAC discs since the DTS discs are amazing, and while the toys, playing cards, mousepads, shirts, etc. are trivial the 2nd Gig tins are nice. The boxes for the LE Samurai 7 discs are also amazing, and the books are fun to thumb through. I avoided the Grenaider and Scrapped Princess special editions since the toys failed to interest me. I also switched to the standard editions for .hack after the third disc. The reason why I mention this is because the second disc of Speedgrapher also has a limited edition version. Does anyone know if Funimation is going to have special editions for all of the Speed Grapher discs like they did for Samurai 7, or is it only the first two DVDs like Bandai's Mars Daybreak?
RedComet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
I was going to ask what the SE of the 2nd volume was but now it might make sense that all the volumes might have a SE. I guess we'll have to wait for more information since the SKU came out. I'm also wondering why Rightstuf has it listed as Speedgrapher without a space between the words.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Rightstuf has changed Speedgrapher back to Speed Grapher, although Amazon still has it listed as one word. It appears that the special edition dvds come in a "limited" slipcase (like the Bebop, and Miyazaki discs) and include some sort of art card. Oddly enough it looks like the standard edition covor is on the slipcover of the limited version, while the LE has a different cover under it. This seems odd, since you get the exact same image for both editions when on the shelves, and would force Funimation to create two different dvd ssleave inserts. The only advantae I can think of this is if they wanted to do more risque covers for the LE. The LE also mentions a 12 page book for volume one, which sounds like the ones they fit in the Burst Angle/ FMA DVDs. $10 seems a bit steep for one of these booklets, a slipcase and an artcard and $5 more isn't much better for just an artcard. I feel as though Funimation is experimenting with various DVD pricepoints, much like when the Kiddy Grade 2 disc versions (followed by a box set less than a year later) and the Blue Gender big box were released at the same time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1