• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
selenta wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
That's why I didn't bother to translate that part. I don't even want to know where this thing even came from. Rolling Eyes

Oh come now, it's not such a big deal is it? Obviously the resident rodent Princess just wanted a translation from her favorite yao... err, 'fanart' website. Wink

You can find that lovely picture and much, much on 4chan. Wink It's the only place on the net I've come across with massive quantities of sexy Kyon and Itsuki pictures.

You can also try the sos-dan.com image board, where subject matter ranges from the cute and funny to the hardcore. Twisted Evil
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
IvoryBirch wrote:
While, we're at it, does anyone want to give these two a go (unless it's something obscene; then I'll remove it Razz):

Panel one:

Kyon: Hey...um...
Kyon: Want to have sex? (Literally: Want to "do" ecchi?)

Panel two:

Itsuki: Eh!? Someone who can't set the mood, I see!
Itsuki: Please say more romantic things like "I love you", or "You're beautiful", or "I want you"~

Panel three:

Kyon: *Angry*

Panel four:

Kyon: That's enough!
Itsuki: W-why...?
Kyon: That's enough...once in my lifetime is enough...
Itsuki: Huh? Wan?
Kyon: ...I don't want to die either.
Itsuki: W-why...?

Panel 5:

Itsuki: Hah...it's hot~
Itsuki: You want to have sex, don't you~ (Lit. You want to "do" ecchi, don't you)
Kyon: Huh?
Kyon: I don't get the point, it's hot, and it's annoying
Kyon: Don't get so close!

Panel 6:

Itsuki: Hah!...I've got it! At a time like this, it'd be best to have sex in the pool! (Again, lit. "do" ecchi)
Kyon: Oh, I get it! Two birds with one stone!

Panel 7:

Kyon: You think I'd let that happen!?
Itsuki: (Sorry, I don't know what he says here...)

I apologize in advance for any mistranslation...
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:33 am Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
You can find that lovely picture and much, much on 4chan. Wink It's the only place on the net I've come across with mass quantities of sexy Kyon and Itsuki pictures.

Can you also find sexy pictures of Haruhi and Asahina wearing those provocative bunny outfits on there as well? I'm a big-time sucker for role-playing games, if you know what I mean. Wink

Oh geez, I wouldn't go around recommending the "horror" that is 4chan to "untainted" people in a community such as this (especially considering both of you are minors which makes viewing the site illegal). But eh, if you want to expose yourself, go right ahead, just don't say I didn't warn you. Although I frequent them because I'm a horrible person, I recommend staying out of /b/ (random) and /d/ (hentai/alternative), there are images posted there that will probably... well, I'll just say you just won't feel the same after looking at them.

Samurai-with-glasse wrote:
By the way, where have you found it anyway? I'm, err, very curious.

She already said where she did (4chan.org). I recommend reading my above warning before going there if you've never been there before. The sos-dan.com image board like Patachu mentioned is a much better place to look for Haruhi images though imo.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Webki wrote:
That second one is almost equally disturbing, but I have to say that dog-collar one will give me nightmares for a while.

But, as Sharingan said, let's get some Asahina and Haruhi pictures. Yaoi isn't my thing...

Those pictures alone tell you that real otaku are not limited to just the male species. I can actually stand the second one, the first one's imagination mode scared the hell out of me. Oh, and I second getting some Asahina and Haruhi pictures too. Wink
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
You can find that lovely picture and much, much on 4chan. Wink It's the only place on the net I've come across with mass quantities of sexy Kyon and Itsuki pictures.

Can you also find sexy pictures of Haruhi and Asahina wearing those provocative bunny outfits on there as well? I'm a big-time sucker for role-playing games, if you know what I mean. Wink

Oh geez, I wouldn't go around recommending the "horror" that is 4chan to "untainted" people in a community such as this (especially considering both of you are minors which makes viewing the site illegal). But eh, if you want to expose yourself, go right ahead, just don't say I didn't warn you. Although I frequent them because I'm a horrible person, I recommend staying out of /b/ (random) and /d/ (hentai/alternative), there are images posted there that will probably... well, I'll just say you just won't feel the same after looking at them.

You're absolutely right. The world doesn't need more /b/tards. Stay away if you value your innocence.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, I must say that this thread has gotten rather...large to say the least, 200 or so more posts and it will be bigger than the identifying anime thread O_o. That being said, I wonder the response people would have if they chose the same VA cast for another anime series. Would they ignorantly expect something that's close to the genres of Haruhi? Or would they actually research it and find out it's something completely different? What if it WAS something like Haruhi but not its sequel? Well, we may never know unless it happens, but either way, it would be a very interesting sight.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
The storyboard of complete Hare Hare Yukai (ED) dance by SOS-dan is available at Kyoto Animation now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
That being said, I wonder the response people would have if they chose the same VA cast for another anime series. Would they ignorantly expect something that's close to the genres of Haruhi? Or would they actually research it and find out it's something completely different? What if it WAS something like Haruhi but not its sequel? Well, we may never know unless it happens, but either way, it would be a very interesting sight.

Something similar does exist actually. The Kanon remake is being animated by Kyoto Animation, apparently has the same director (two directors listed for Haruhi actually, I don't know what the difference is...), a script writer from Haruhi, an animation director, and yes, even the "legendary" voice of Kyon, Tomokazu Sugita, as the main male character. This is all that is known right now though, may be more of the same staff coming to work on it too.

dormcat wrote:
The storyboard of complete Hare Hare Yukai (ED) dance by SOS-dan is available at Kyoto Animation now.

Figures they'd put something like that up for sale... I'm not one of the people who went crazy over the ending theme though, so I doubt I'll be getting it. I am thankful for it producing a vast array of extremely funny parodies though.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I kinda already knew that he would be the VA for the hero of the Kanon remake, as well as KyoAni making the remake, but as you can probably see the others aren't in the anime. I'm talking more along the lines of what happened with Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima, where the two leads in each have the same VAs and their relationships in both animes are very similar.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
dormcat wrote:

Figures they'd put something like that up for sale...

It's freely downloadable. You just have to click twice for accepting some typical EULA, then fans will download them, print them out, gather four more fellow fans, spend time to practice, than dance it at every anime con around the globe. Other con-goers will tape it and submit the video to YouTube so those who can't attend the con can watch.

And KyoAni doesn't have to pay a dime to any of those fans. Talk about free advertisement. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
heheh, now all the have to do is hope the people that do that portray the characters well enough for people to want to see the anime, we wouldn't want to turn Man-Faye into Man-Haruhi with him doing the dance now would we?
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
What the...

What are all these panels from?
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh. all those pics were wierd and sick as hell...I'll second the request for Asahina and Haruhi pictures too...I too am into role playing...bunnies, cats.... Twisted Evil but seriously lets get some female pics since we have already put enough yoai Wink
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Oh. all those pics were wierd and sick as hell...I'll second the request for Asahina and Haruhi pictures too...I too am into role playing...bunnies, cats.... Twisted Evil but seriously lets get some female pics since we have already put enough yoai Wink

Hmm, I suppose.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/1151585116811-1.jpg

Oh, I'm definately pushing it with this picture. That's almost not work safe. Twisted Evil
DaZ616

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:

All your request are answered
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/Haruhi_Group_-_35.jpg
Wink

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 63 of 213