• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids script writer on edits, new Gonzo co-production

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek
well quick and cheap is a simple way to call it,altho no other company I know of fools around so much to waste money and time,it's almost liek the have a info group meeting with kids and test plots and dailog and write stuff on the fly every few months...with all the edits and mindlessness that goes on its a wonder this company can stay afloat,OMG just think of all that money thier wasteing if they actuly put effort into doign the shows justice compared to what they are doing theres no down side to dubing it correctly for uncut DVD then editing the hell out of it for zombie parent TV ><

I wonder if they changed the letterings on Bon clays back it ment gay or transviste way or soemthing LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quote
ZippyDSM wrote:
Malintex Terek
well quick and cheap is a simple way to call it,altho no other company I know of fools around so much to waste money and time,it's almost liek the have a info group meeting with kids and test plots and dailog and write stuff on the fly every few months...with all the edits and mindlessness that goes on its a wonder this company can stay afloat,OMG just think of all that money thier wasteing if they actuly put effort into doign the shows justice compared to what they are doing theres no down side to dubing it correctly for uncut DVD then editing the hell out of it for zombie parent TV ><

I wonder if they changed the letterings on Bon clays back it ment gay or transviste way or soemthing LOL

Actually, the completely erased the kanji on Bon Clay's coat.

Answerman probably put it best in one of his columns a while back; to paraphrase, most of 4Kids many thousands of "pointless" edits, like the infamous MARINE->NAVY, are merely how 4Kids puts its "thumbprint" of quality on the show. Assuredly, though One Piece looks cheaply dubbed, edited, and produced overall (with mistakes, no less), the show in reality is extremely expensive, which is why many Anime fans are in uproar as to why 4Kids believed they could turn this series into a success. If 4Kids were willing to invest so much money, why not make a quality product to keep at least the "hardcores" from ranting too loudly? This "anti-dub" movement as of late was spawned as a result of 4Kids dubbing; it wasn't here beforehand (or at least it wasn't quite a hostile), nor was there extreme animosity toward 4Kids as a dubbing company. They weren't behind Cardcaptors, nor Initial D; until One Piece, 4Kids actually had a good resume.
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek
ouchie 0-o

Mmmmm 4kids didn't use to be this bad...dubing used to didn't be this bad *thinks*
robotech it got a good bit of senseless dubing..mmmmm rouin warroirs was bad but in a cheasy sort of way not in OMG its so bad you want to stab your eyeballs out...Tekno Man was another 80s/90s cheasy dub but in the spirt of the 70-90s anime dubing where blood leting was toned down and the dubign was cheasy.....hell I rember Dragon ball haveing all the potty jokes and have the pissing sceens (early 90's TV relaese)

Yup he's right I cant think of any that take a show and completely degredat it.

as much I loath 4kids they have made 2 or 3 worth while dubs pokemon and foodons are neat and fun cant realy think of any others but oh well *L*

I am thinking about the word anti dub....if anti hero is a "bad guy" that usauly dose good for all(least with the ends justify the means) anti dub would be a dub that is a rape and bastardization of the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Pegasus J. Craw SL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Gonzo the people who did Gantz working with 4 Kids. This is just as bad as when Al Kahn the CEO at 4 Kids made that statement "U.S. kids don't read." And said Manga was a problem instead of a solution. Al Kahn is such a hypocrite and a xenophile ****head. As for Chaotic goes I suspect that they would cutout episodes as much as One Piece. 4 Kids will pay what they and Sega did to the VA of the Sonic Games as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5