• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist Season 2?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I've heard poeple say that there's gonna be a second season of Fullmetal Alchemist, that takes place after the movie.

Is this true?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Most likely not.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, it's true? Hate ta burst your bubble, but in total, there are 4 seasons of FMA already out. They aren't going to make season 5 (assuming what you meant), and most likely are only going to release that one movie only. However, the manga is still going on in Japan, so if you need more FMA in your life, I guess you could either borrow or buy the manga series.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Hasn't the anime diverged enough from the manga already to make it near impossible to get back on track? I don't think the budget is there either, the movie was probably quite expensive to make...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
The movie, which was excellent by the way, does of course leave the possibillity of somethng else. However, it will most likely be a second film if anything. The movie doesn't leave many loose ends in the story, and from where it ends it would make for a pretty boring series.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Shadow Lord wrote:
I've heard poeple say that there's gonna be a second season of Fullmetal Alchemist, that takes place after the movie.

Is this true?

No, because the way the movie leaves off pretty much closes the book for good on the story of the Elric brothers. Unless there was a TV series involving them, I dunno, spoiler[covertly taking on the rise of Nazi Germany using completely non-alchemic methods (and, obviously, ultimately failing miserably),] there'd really be no way to properly continue the anime's take on the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
If u really think about it, what made FMA good was partly because it didn't waste very much time in its 51 episodes, and the movie that closes it off. If they were to make more, i can only assume that it'll get boring, much like Kenshin after Shishio saga.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
There's also an OAV series that was just announced, although these are shorts and not really part of the main plot.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, FMA is over and shouldn't continue.

The anime is finished, but Ed and Al's journey is just beginning. That's the way it should be.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 am Reply with quote
im just glad this series didn't get a 13 deal rip-off like some of the other great series i've seen...51 episodes and the movie were fine for me! lasted a while, i really liked it. i think it should stay over, no more new FMA
demon01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote
It's kind of in the middle.I want to see more of it, but it's seen the first season is get weird lately. Confused
sweet_lavender

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quote
I don't want any second season of FMA...why?
1. gets too long
2. get's boring(like naruto)
3. the plot will probably get mixed up

However, I do wish for a 2nd movie of FMA and that should be the last ^-^
I'm not sure if there will be another movie though, cause at the end of FMA movie, Ed and Al said that there will probably be another war that they might be included in.
And the ending seems unfinished somehow...
Vortextk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:00 am Reply with quote
I guess I always wanted a bit more romance in FMA...

spoiler[At the end of the movie when Winry said something about "I guess you'll keep us waiting Ed." I wanted to cry for her. She really cared for him the whole time and it's not that he didn't care for her, but was always so busy with so many huge problems. The brothers are together and know that eachother are alive, but they're split up from everyone else...It's not devastating or anything, but so sad in it's own way.]
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
around the time the movie came out the creator said that there may be a 2nd movie that deals with the guy who made the bomb at the start of the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
personally, i'd rather see something that included interaction between the elrics and winry and the military again (all their friends) kind of like a reunion episode/OVA/movie.

but thats just me being a nerd i guess Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2