• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shuffle! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Shuffle (TV)

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: bishoujo, demons, ecchi, fanservice, gods, harem, human experimentation, school, unrequited love, Yandere

Plot Summary: When two doors are discovered in an ancient ruin, the gateways to shinkai, the realm of the shinzoku (Gods) and makai, the realm of the mazoku (Demons) are irreversably opened. The races of human, shinzoku, and mazoku come together in the mortal world and nothing will ever be the same. One day, two new families move next door to a boy who had previously been living a very peaceful life. In one house lived the family of the King of the Gods, and in the other lived the family of the King of the Demons. Both families had one daughter whose single wish to live next to the boy they had fallen in love with years ago has just been fulfilled. Also living with the boy is his childhood friend. With these three girls vying for his affections, the boy finds that his new life filled with despair, jealousy, and just a little hope is beginning.
----------------------------------

I'm only up to episode 13 which starts to deal with Primula's arc, but from what I got in the later episodes (I'm just going to touch on these points) spoiler[Sia has a darker self, Kaede's new developement ungodly shocked lots of the people, and Rin finally makes a choice (like hell I'm mention who it is). That's right, the last part actually happened which is almost a rarity in a harem series considering most of them ended in being inconclusive. ] And I thought this series is going to end up sucking. Boy, was I wrong. Shocked
Neclord516

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Shuffle! did get much better in the past few episodes. I really like the development of the characters and spoiler[ I can't believe Rin-kun finally picked a girl. The whole past of Kaede and Rin also intrigued me quite a bit. ] Overall the series has developed quite a bit on the whole and I can't wait to see if it actually ends in a reasonable manner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
It's not just you it did just kick it up a notch. Rin and Kaede's past was a real shocker for me. I'm really enjoying the series, personally, as well.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget the best part: in a manner very different from other harem anime, we have Tsuchimi Rin spoiler[not only actually picking a girl well before the end of the show - but also berating himself for being a wimp and obliviously toying with the affections of the other girls. And doing something about it.] That's not exactly something you see every day, in harem anime.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
therax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Ah but Tsuchimi Rin is screwing it up, everybody knows you cant go for the Harem route till you get all the girls in a Hgame Very Happy

I'll have to agree about it getting more interesting tho.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
therax wrote:
everybody knows you can't go for the Harem route till you get all the girls in a Hgame Very Happy

Slightly OT: What about ToHeart2 X? Anybody?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:46 am Reply with quote
I just DLed the first ep last night--I thought it was a standard game-based harem comedy show, but these kinds of posts are rapidly changing my mind. From what I saw of the first episode, it did look cute, albeit with the good old-fashioned "parents dead in an accident" scenario, but multiplied by 2! Cool . At least watching all these series, including To Heart 2, has finally taught me the word in Japanese for "childhood friend, "おさななじみ" [osananajimi], though the kanji escape me at the moment. (Lol, almost typed "moe ment" there.)

EDIT: Just watched through episode 20 last night, and wow, this is some good stuff. Especially since Kaede spoiler[isn't exactly the nice, sweet, perfect, Sakuraba Aoi type of "I want to be a good wife for you, ****-sama" character, and] actually has reasons for acting the way she does. Still, I can't help but think that the character design for Primula was lifted from somewhere--compare the images for yourself and see Surprised Laughing

[url=http://www.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/wallpapers/Shuffle/%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dwallpapers_Shuffle_Fellex_4995.jpg]
Primula[/url] (if the link doesn't work, I assume you know what she looks like, since you're posting on this thread)

Ruri from Nadesico

Last edited by Zalis116 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
At least watching all these series, including To Heart 2, has finally taught me the word in Japanese for "childhood friend, "おさななじみ" [osananajimi], though the kanji escape me at the moment.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4168&page=22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:16 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
At least watching all these series, including To Heart 2, has finally taught me the word in Japanese for "childhood friend, "おさななじみ" [osananajimi], though the kanji escape me at the moment.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4168&page=22

You know, dormcat, that trivia entry really belongs in the Lexicon.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
dormcat wrote:

You know, dormcat, that trivia entry really belongs in the Lexicon.

Feel free to add it into Lexicon, along with tsundere, a trait often associated with osananajimi.
However, state the terms of your "Transfer of Copyright" form first.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
im gonna have to start watching it agien.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I have just seen Episodes 19-21. spoiler[DEAR GOD!!! I haven't been sweating like this since Elfen Lied with Kaede being a bishoujo psychopath. Her past was really creepy. Though I have to say, I love the fact it ended with mutual terms between Rin and Kaede, and the fact Rin chose the girl I liked......oh you know who it is! Wink ]

On to episode 22. Man, I wonder how this series is going to end. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: spoiler[And episode 22 ended with an EVIL CLIFFHANGER!] Mad

Now I can't wait!
daristar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
For me things picked up at episode 12, and by 19 I was totally absorbed. Hopefully I'll be able to watch 22 tonight.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I have just seen Episodes 19-21. spoiler[DEAR GOD!!! I haven't been sweating like this since Elfen Lied with Kaede being a bishoujo psychopath. Her past was really creepy. Though I have to say, I love the fact it ended with mutual terms between Rin and Kaede, and the fact Rin chose the girl I liked......oh you know who it is! Wink ]

On to episode 22. Man, I wonder how this series is going to end. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: spoiler[And episode 22 ended with an EVIL CLIFFHANGER!] Mad

Now I can't wait!

That was pretty spoiler[evil of them to end it like that. I just hope this isn't going to be one of those depressing endings.] Shocked
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 23, SECOND TO LAST EPISODE! Very Happy

spoiler[Two important things that's worth mentioning. Ama, the hot MILF, finally takes off her cat hat, and........I bet you can guess. Wink

Asa's sickness has been revealed, and it's all because of her mom (not to blame her or anything Rolling Eyes)]

Damn, I don't know what type of ending I want. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2