• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in the Philippines.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Will do, Jetz.

Besides... I CAN'T START MY REVOLUTION IF DON'T!
[ARX7]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:25 am Reply with quote
Hey there guys. I'm kinda new in this forum.

No HeeroTV nor Animax in my place so I settle for online streaming/downloading/buying anime/manga stuffs I guess. Haven't checked the TV for quite a while too lol (got too busy in school and such.. o( T ^ T)o )

Any new/good anime series in the PH (any tv stations in that matter) ?

Good job to ABS for getting Reborn while it's still around 2-3 seasons old.
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
BTW, just found out from May's K-Zone issue that GURREN LAGANN IS SHOWING IN ANIMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
BTW, just found out from May's K-Zone issue that GURREN LAGANN IS SHOWING IN ANIMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!
cutemi2

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
[ARX7] wrote:

No HeeroTV nor Animax in my place so I settle for online streaming/downloading/buying anime/manga stuffs I guess. Haven't checked the TV for quite a while too lol (got too busy in school and such.. o( T ^ T)o )

lemme see, here the anime shown on Philippine TV

1. Toradora!(now shown on TV5 at 7:30pm, competing "May Bukas Pa" on ABS-CBN and 24 Oras on GMA which is the news)
  2. Code GEASS R2(now still shown on TV5, competing "Boys Over Flowers" on ABS-CBN which is the Koreanovela version of Hana Yori Dango and "Hole in the Wall" on GMA which is the gameshow from Japan)
  3. Suteki Tantei Labyrinth(also shown on TV5, competing 2 News from 2 different networks like ABS-CBN has TV Patrol World and GMA has 24 Oras)
  4. Naruto Shippuden(currently shown on ABS-CBN continouus from season 1 has 40 eps)

I can't tell you more details, but if you join Zenhonbu Forums or Pinoy Exchange, there's more you can tell.
bungeeapple

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
[ARX7] wrote:

check out the shows from abc 5 (i should be calling it tv 5 but old habots die hard!). anyway my brother said that their showing full metal alchemist: brotherhood there (shocking since its still airing in japan). thay've got code geass there. i watched wallflower there on abc 5. however i suggest you get cable so you could have animax and hero tv.
cutemi2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
having a cable is a good suggestion, but due to remaining financial crisis, we don't have any cable since we disconnected since January of 2004, but good thing the reception of the local tv is better than cable.
what if the cable is sign-off at the very moment, like for example 6pm due to maintenance.
also the weather conditions, plus so many complaints that the reception of the philippine channel is not good as the antenna, that's why they call the network and transfer to the cable company to fix this problem.

watching Animax or Hero on Livestreaming sites is better, like TVUNetworks has TVUPlayer to watch Animax Asia, but Hero in Livestreaming is never been made and announce.
]
darkzero999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
new guy here also.

boogiecat wrote:
Actually Hero TV's animes are kinda odd these days but at least they're getting some good bishoujo animes lately but i hope they'll increase the bulk of thier anime titles...

Animax is getting too much animes lately but they're really slow of airing some newer stuff and thier dubbing wasn't that great but at least they've hired the newer Filipino dubbers which is doing just fine(they've done a good job in dubbing Red Garden in english),still i hope that the Animax Asia management would give them more projects that would fully harness thier talents in dubbing in english(Bamboo Blade,AIR,Clannad and some bishoujo stuff would be great on those guys especially those dubbers are the same team that dubbed To Heart in english released by Magnavison a couple of years ago).. Laughing If Animax loves us that much they should also support the local dubbing industry as well by giving them jobs(in english of course)!!

TV5??I've heard they've already got TORADORA!! Shocked

they are hiring Filipino dubers on animax?
hmmm never paid much attention on red garden.

yea TORADORA. never paid much attention to it until now. the tagalog dub kind of have a nice ring to my ear.

boogiecat wrote:

Animax?Yeah they're losing in series diversity(i really don't know why they've acquired Kitaro and Chibi Maruko-chan??) and there too many reruns of really old animes lately aired on that channel which is getting too annoying....

AFAIK they've got one mecha anime and that's GunXSword but just watch Code Geass R2 on TV5 instead.....

yeah their kind of very slow at the moment. but hayate combat butler and gurren lagann is kind of getting me hooked at the moment. also tears to tiara and full metal alchemist.

I kinda beginning to like animax's dubs. the ones done by andrea kwan's group that is. the other group still needs some improvements. though I wish they would meet up and join forces. it would give them more flexibility.
I also notices that the voice behind ban(get backers) seems to be working with the other group. could it be that he's training them.

also it seems that the voice behind midori(modori no hibi) has made a comeback.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
The new Filipino dubbing team that Animax hired was actually doing great this time(watch Nodame Cantabile and that one sounded more like a really good U.S-made english dubs)..Hope that these guys would dub more animes in english on Animax Asia reguarly cause they deserve it.. Laughing

Maybe this the reason why Animax hired the new Filipino team cause due to thier performance and experience in dubbing animes properly which the HK guys don't have,especially thier scripts-dialogue used by the new Filipino in dubbing was great.. .... Laughing

Oh well wish them luck!! Laughing

Last edited by boogiecat on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote
Animax dubs are probably some of the better dubs I've seen as far as dubbed anime go.

However, Tears to Tiara and Fullmetal Alchemist don't mean that the diversity of Anime in Animax has increased. Majority of the shows they are showing and were showing shared a number of themes with these shows. Moreover, Gurren Lagann wouldn't really have done much unless it sparks a return in mecha anime. So far, it's just Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gun X Sword.

I better start making those requests to animax and hero tv.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
I think Gundam OO will be aired on Cartoon Network Philippines this year(seasons 1 and 2) but im not so sure if TV5 would buy that series but for sure they'll air that thing..

Hero TV will be airing a couple of Mecha animes(i won't say those titles yet but those titles are good).. Laughing

Animax??Maybe they'll air Code Geass and Macross Frontier IF THEY CAN!! Laughing
ilsoarhigh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quote
TV5's current anime line-up: Mai Hame; Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood; Tora Dora; Code Geass; Hero Tales Destiny Warrior; Shakugan No Shana and Duel Masters.

are you able to watch it on TV5?

likes? dislikes?

comments? suggestions?
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Pretty weird for Animax Philippines to start with Shakugan no Shana Second this July. Guess they though we had already watch the 1st season in local channel.

So far, did TV5 gave an official announcement about the delay of Haruhi? Did they removed the ads in the MRT station?
bungeeapple

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
AoiHonou wrote:
Pretty weird for Animax Philippines to start with Shakugan no Shana Second this July. Guess they though we had already watch the 1st season in local channel.

So far, did TV5 gave an official announcement about the delay of Haruhi? Did they removed the ads in the MRT station?

shakugan no shana season 1 was aired on tv5 some time ago... as for haruhi i have no idea =P
cutemi2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
ilsoarhigh wrote:
TV5's current anime line-up: Mai Hame; Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood; Tora Dora; Code Geass; Hero Tales Destiny Warrior; Shakugan No Shana and Duel Masters.

are you able to watch it on TV5?

likes? dislikes?

comments? suggestions?

Yes, we still watch TV5 even replays at Weekends

Everything New, no dislikes

no comments, they did the best job dubbing and follow their storyline even they add filipino taste....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11