• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quote
spoiler[They've managed to get this far avoiding key tragedies such as the Shion massacre (I still think she's a nut even in this more normalized world), so I believe that this lesser tragedy will be averted as well; by lesser, I mean compared to the mass extinction due to a "build up of toxic gases". I can't see how Rika could get clued in on this without lucky findings regarding why she herself has to be killed at the end every time.]
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote
Well, spoiler[Rika isn't overconfident anymore. That solves that problem.]
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[The crew gets the help they wanted. Everyone is together on it. Now go get that no good uncle.]
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I just watched episode 8:

spoiler[It seems Takano is the one leading whatever medical research is being done on Satako. Which confirms my suspicious regarding her suspicious behaviour.] Speaking of which, I rewatched episode 7 and something stood out that I hadn't noticed before spoiler[right after Takano's odd turn for overly joyoys chibi, as she is admiring the statue of Oyashirou-sama, there is a note of longing in her voice as she rambles about how "fear is the commanding force" or something to that effect. Since she is usually so dopey, to the point of looking half stoned most of the time, this rapture over bloody gods and whatnot makes me wonder.] Back to episode 8, spoiler[Rika's sudden outburst of insanity was quite chilling. So was Shion's, although that was more predictable. Her psychotic tendencies seem to be more deeply rooted than in the rest of the cast. It is ironic that her violence seems to be aimed at saving Satako this time around, but it fits the spirit of Kai, just like Keeichi's refusal to murder Satako's uncle.]

I am curious to see just what spoiler[spoils Rika's scenario this time around. It's clear that with so many episodes still to go the situation cannot be solved just now. It would be interesting if Satako was the one going berserk this time around. Perhaps not the most likely of settings, though. I also wonder what role Hanyu will play.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
A word of warning for Episode 10:

Apparently, the Next Episode Preview has a major spoiler in it (at least according to the comment section from where I got my file), so tread with care.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 9 was definitely good! spoiler[This is preparation for a petition towards the guys in the Child Welfare Agency. Keiichi ans Shion has gather LOTS of people around town like his classmates, the waitresses, the baseball team, and a bunch of guys who's interests are...uh.....(well you know Laughing) to make there plea towards them.

This didn't go so well because they said that Satoko has to admit that's she's being abused which she's obviously denying. Rika realized that in order for the "miracle" to happen, EVERYONE has to pitch in; she feels down that she's a spectator all this time. The episode ended with her announcing that she'll personally go to Satoko's place and get her to admit that her uncle is an abusive son of a bitch!]

No need for melodrama and violent bloodshed for making this a pretty powerful episode! Cool
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11... well, this sure clears a whole lot up.
spoiler[So, Rika finally saved all her friends, good good... now there's just the slight problem of everyone in Hinamizawa getting killed, which seems to be in full swing - thanks to "the major".
Another thing that was confirmed was the existence of hinamizawa syndrome disease. Huh. I thought that was just another red herring, oh well. In that case, could Rika being killed somehow trigger a release of the disease, if she's a carrier, or something? Episode 12 should explain a lot more with regards to the "disaster".]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is Wow....I expected some of that spoiler[ like Takano being untrustworthy but the sheer scope of what was going on was definitely surprising. Now we actually know there is some type of contagion. We know that Tomitake is a spy for the Government and why he always dies, and it also clears up how Takano was able to walk arround after being dead for day. ] Shocked Cool
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
All I have to say is Wow....I expected some of that spoiler[ like Takano being untrustworthy but the sheer scope of what was going on was definitely surprising. Now we actually know there is some type of contagion. We know that Tomitake is a spy for the Government and why he always dies, and it also clears up how Takano was able to walk arround after being dead for day. ] Shocked Cool

Indeed, I too spoiler[suspected that Takano was a very fishy character whose exact role was considerably shady but I was surprised to see to what extent she is involved and how powerful she truly is. And her overall dopey-ness makes her remarkable creepy, all things considered. I do wonder what her motives are.]

Also, spoiler[ I expected the whole disease issue to be a false lead, although I had started to think otherwise when Rika described Satako's condition around episode 9. Speaking of Satako, is it just me or is she the only character who has yet to go beserk so far? I was very glad that she finally got around to accepting her friends' help, at any rate. A very emotional scene that was][/spoiler]
MarthX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quote
NocturnalUX wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Indeed, I too spoiler[suspected that Takano was a very fishy character whose exact role was considerably shady but I was surprised to see to what extent she is involved and how powerful she truly is. And her overall dopey-ness makes her remarkable creepy, all things considered. I do wonder what her motives are.]

Also, spoiler[ I expected the whole disease issue to be a false lead, although I had started to think otherwise when Rika described Satako's condition around episode 9. Speaking of Satako, is it just me or is she the only character who has yet to go beserk so far? I was very glad that she finally got around to accepting her friends' help, at any rate. A very emotional scene that was][/spoiler]

spoiler[Satoko went berserk in Tatarigoroshi-hen. Her uncle's return prevented her from taking her shots. That's why Satoko still believed Teppei was alive when he wasn't. This was never answered directly, you just piece together the information you have.]
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I've never really had much doubt throughout this version of events that Takano/Tomitake/Irie were in on something. I wasn't sure which one but when they seem to have access to a secret army which has been involved in Rika's deaths before there was little doubt that one of them was some kind of evil mastermind.]
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
I haven't been following this thread for fear of spoilers (since I won't be watching this series until I finish the first one), but I thought those who are might be interested to know that an announcement just today stated that the series has been "removed" from its TV broadcasting schedule due to sensitivity over the same murder case that got the final episode of School Days pulled (as seen in this article). Thus its fansubs will, at best, be going on hiatus for a while.

And no, unfortunately this is not just a rumor. I'd expect to see mention of it on ANN's front page within the next 24 hours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I haven't been following this thread for fear of spoilers (since I won't be watching this series until I finish the first one), but I thought those who are might be interested to know that an announcement just today stated that the series has been "removed" from its TV broadcasting schedule due to sensitivity over the same murder case that got the final episode of School Days pulled (as seen in this article).

Right now only Tokai TV has announced the cancellation. Not sure if other broadcasters would follow suit or not.

Next broadcaster (according to the original schedule): KBS Kyoto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote
I guess we can assume from this that Rika's streak of good fortune is about to end....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
anony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
The OP for episode 12 has been edited to remove that quick glimpse of a bloody hatchet, but other than that I guess the broadcasts are back to normal.

I was hoping Rika spoiler[would explain more to her friends than just the specifics of Hinamizawa syndrome -- namely, that whole "Yeah, I get reborn into alternate realities every few weeks and remember what happens in previous ones, such as you guys killing each other and me" thing]. It would have made for some entertaining dialogue, but I guess she doesn't want to be too much of a downer!

It seems like they have a pretty good idea that spoiler[Takano is the final boss, so to speak. But can they do anything about it? I'm not too optimistic. Especially after seeing Ooishi take a bullet through the head. ]

Great episode. I'm excited to see the finale for this arc!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8