• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
In addition, I don't remember Fortress Class being in TE.

They appeared a few times. One in episode 2 popped out of nowhere and took out Yui's TSF and another shows up when they're in Russia.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I guess I need to obtain the blu-rays and rewatch Total Eclipse. I honestly don't remember seeing them at all but it has been three years.

Actually, I just went back and glimpsed through Ep 2 of Total Eclipse; the appearance was so brief that I forgot about it. The only really memorable fight I remember from TE was between the Berkut and the Takemakizuchi. Oh, and the railgun episode.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Oh, and Katia dear, it's no use getting jealous of Theodor staring at Irisdina's chest. There's no way you can win in that arena Laughing

Eh. It didn't seem like a jealous expression. More like worried. Was she worried about the whole situation with Lise or was she just jealous? I can't really tell.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Hm, you're right. Perhaps it was just worry. The order of the shots is a bit misleading, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
It felt like there were a few death flags raised, but everyone made it. How did that general not think that being responsible for saving the EU would not go really well in propaganda?

Yeah Lise was acting pretty odd some circumstances, particularly I think in times which involved playing nice or helping other countries.
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I think the "Theodor staring at Irisdina Chest" was not a Theodor obsessing at a cleavage. It's about Irisdina wearing a cross, especially since it also has been emphasized many times in OP/ED.

Remember that this is a communist country, and although iirc East Germany was more lax about religion compared to some other communist countries I think I saw an article named "East Germany: world's most Godless area".
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

No doubt that people suspect Lise for being a spy. I mean, the fact that siblings are being placed on the same squad at time like this...yeah. Silvia just seems to be taking it on an almost personal level though.

I also don't like Axmann, it seems that he is trying to set off more friction between the two sides. Stasi is corrupted as hell and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to cause more friction between the 666th members.

Weird ending. I mean, it's kinda creepy actually..

Lise:
Quote:
take me
Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I think it's obvious whether Lise's a Stasi spy or not after this episode. But I also think her feelings towards Theodor are genuine (excluding that whole last scene). If Axmann's words were true, I'd feel extra bad for Lise if she indeed sold herself out for Theodor's safety.

That aside, Theodor sure is setting up flags. I'm of the opinion that he's infatuated with Irisdina now hence the whole blushing scene last episode. Now, he's got Homussar (Gretel) by the palms. And he already has Katia and Lise. Who else will he claim next?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Uuuhh. Despite the lack of action, I found this to be a great episode. BETA on the move, army about to confront the Stasi, Stasi infighting, stuff with Lise... S*** is about to go down!

And the OST is great. I wanna hear the full version of a few of those tracks.

EmbraceMe wrote:
I'm of the opinion that he's infatuated with Irisdina now hence the whole blushing scene last episode.

Eh, I sure hope not. Iris has shown no romantic feelings towards Theodor and there hasn't been any kind of trigger to cause Theodor to fall in love with her. They are just comrades in arms and I kinda hope that it stays that way. Theodor looks up to Iris so she is more like a mentor anyway.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I think it's pretty clear that Theodor has the hots for her (Lise even confirms she's his type). But at this point it's probably simple attraction rather than any serious feelings.

There's not much doubt now that Lise is a spy but how is Theodor going to handle it.

Also...

EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
When Irisdina recruited him to join the anti-Stasi cause, I think that was the pivotal point in which he changed. He opened up his feelings towards her (and Gretel since she was present I think). Ever since then. he's been more "friendly" with his comrades and stopped his tongue-clicking during operations. As for Irisdina, I don't see her having mutual feelings but I definitely can see it in Theodor.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
He has Katia. Sweet Katia. The fool's not allowed to fall for Iris! Razz

I always thought Theodor more like admired Iris. Aside from staring at her boobs there hasn't been anything else, or has there? Their conversations are always so serious and Iris treats him like she treats anyone else, I think? I just think that it's not even a crush yet, more like "Oh, Iris is actually a pretty hot babe".
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Katia is replacement imouto so she didn't stand a chance.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
You know it is amusing because based on the core cast, this could have easily been yet another "harem set up" if not for the longing suspicion of "who is the REAL spy, and who do they work for".
Iris is "cool big sis", Katia is "moe oneechan", Lise is "yandere chan" (more so with the obsession with her brother in place of actions so far), and Gretel is "tsundere Meganee", the rest haven't had enough screen time but probably could find themselves in some other archetype.

As for Theodor's actual love interest, my money would actually be on Iris he is just too busy thinking of BETA or Stasi trying to kill him atm.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
@Cam0

Well, nothing really comes to mind besides the episode Lise was introduced and she mentions how Irisdina is his type. Theodor gets a bit defensive but that's about it. Perhaps infatuated wasn't the right word but that's what first popped up into my head. Maybe we'll get clearance on this as the show develops.

And Katia's 15, they can't do things like this or that -- just simple head patting!

FenixFiesta wrote:

Iris is "cool big sis", Katia is "moe oneechan", Lise is "yandere chan" (more so with the obsession with her brother in place of actions so far), and Gretel is "tsundere Meganee", the rest haven't had enough screen time but probably could find themselves in some other archetype.

Pham has called herself the "motherly type." Polish white hairgirl hasn't really been shown much and neither has the other male dude (Walter, I think).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10