• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon (TV + OAV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Ok so I just saw episode 13.....

spoiler[Wow what the a freaky ass episode....I am hoping that this action (the twins and whoevers behind it) can start a change of events that I have been looking for. And my god those children were down right dirty....makes me want to cleanse my soul after watching that...]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:31 am Reply with quote
Just saw ep. 13 myself. Needless to say, everything carries over like the series never even took a break. It still has that dark and gritty feel to it, only with a different little story arc now.

As for the content spoiler[ we get to see yet another sickly incestuous pair of twins. Although personally, I think they're a lot more sadistic than the ones from Shakugan no Shana. The vampire theme they have going ties in well to their bloodlust as well.

I'm not really disgusted by their mindsets and actions, though I am inclined to witness and root for Balalaika and her army shoot the crap out of them. Seeing as how those two act so cruel and senseless, I'm sure torture won't mean a thing to them should it be given.

More than likely, they'll end up getting killed by a mixture of Balalaika, Black Lagoon, and a giant group of people who were wanting that bounty. For another 12 episodes, though, I just hope they end it quickly. I'm curious to see what other kinds of stories and characters this franchise has to offer. I would hate for the limited amount of episodes to bog down this possiblity.]

But still, it's pretty good stuff.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:

I have a challenge..does anyone know what gun the sister is useing...it looks chain fed but I can't really remember. It looks like the MG42...sorta.

Thought it looked like a BAR.
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
omar235 wrote:

I have a challenge..does anyone know what gun the sister is useing...it looks chain fed but I can't really remember. It looks like the MG42...sorta.

I went back and looked through the entire scene of the little girl shooting and when I saw from a diffrent angle it did look like a BAR course looking at from other angles it looks like alot of things. Wheres Rªdì¢âl_£Ð when you need him/her. Laughing I do have another question though: I'm not sure if I heard the little girl right but when she said "I've never put an Ivan in before" what did she mean, maybe the subbers miss translated something...unless she meant what I think she meant. Shocked Twisted Evil
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for interrupting the flow of the convo on this thread (if that makes any sense), but I have a question.

While the subbing group is listing the 1st ep of the 2nd season "Episode 13," ANN is listing the 2nd season as a separate series entirely. Which one is it? I know it doesn't really matter, but it's just something that I'd like to make sure of.

In any case, I can't wait to start the 2nd season, as it looks very promising. Smile
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Well the theme songs didn't even change and it flows right into it but in the opening movie you'll randomely see The Second Barrage, so i dunno
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
While the subbing group is listing the 1st ep of the 2nd season "Episode 13," ANN is listing the 2nd season as a separate series entirely. Which one is it? I know it doesn't really matter, but it's just something that I'd like to make sure of.

The group in question (I think I know who you are talking about) probably did that just to make things simple so that everyone would know it's starting sometime after episode 12.....although it strange to me that this get a second entry, and 2nd gig didn't. I guess because techinically there was a break inbetween episodes showing?

Delta
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
The episode title card itself says "#13 The Vampire Twins Comen" actually, I don't think they even had to translate the text as it's in English...well sorta English anyway as Comen means "They eat" in Spanish. So I'd be inclined to believe it's all one title as far as Madhouse is concerned.
sykosteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I just thought it was come or cometh in german or something...wow, I was way off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
omar235 wrote:

I went back and looked through the entire scene of the little girl shooting and when I saw from a diffrent angle it did look like a BAR course looking at from other angles it looks like alot of things. Wheres Rªdì¢âl_£Ð when you need him/her. Laughing I do have another question though: I'm not sure if I heard the little girl right but when she said "I've never put an Ivan in before" what did she mean, maybe the subbers miss translated something...unless she meant what I think she meant. Shocked Twisted Evil

Stole it offa 4Chan: Thread doesn't exist anymore.

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

The last pic is kinda throwing me off abit. It almost looks like it turned into a Dragunov Sniper Rifle.

[EDIT: Please take dial-up users into consideration next time and post links, not pics. Thanks. -TK]
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I think I have found the gun makes sense since its bulgarian...its even in my game "Operation Flash Point", but can anyone verify it with there own eyes to make sure? Of course you'll have to picture it without the tripod.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
sykosteve wrote:
I just thought it was come or cometh in german or something...wow, I was way off.

It could mean something else in another language, but come (prounounced Co may) in Spanish means "to eat" and adding an "en" suffix to it is like the Spanish version of a pronoun attaching "they" to the meaning of the word. It would definitely be a fitting title given the severely screwed up nature of the two twins.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
sykosteve wrote:

It could mean something else in another language, but come (prounounced Co may) in Spanish means "to eat" and adding an "en" suffix to it is like the Spanish version of a pronoun attaching "they" to the meaning of the word. It would definitely be a fitting title given the severely screwed up nature of the two twins.

Ya thats a good possible translation to it, good one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
"The vampire Twins Eat", would be the basic meaning of their Spanglish if I were to translate it to something that makes sense, just to clarify things. If one wants to be less literal and more eloquent though eat would be replaced with feed or feast though.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
omar235 wrote:

Stole it offa 4Chan: Thread doesn't exist anymore.

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

The last pic is kinda throwing me off abit. It almost looks like it turned into a Dragunov Sniper Rifle.

[EDIT: Please take dial-up users into consideration next time and post links, not pics. Thanks. -TK]

Yes, the machine gun is a Browning Automatic Rifle. Also, how does that last pic look like a Dragunov? The Dragunov is basically an AK47 except with a longer match-grade barrel, no provision for full automatic fire, and chambered in 7.62x54R as opposed to 7.62x39. Compared to the BAR, the Dragunov has a gas chamber above the barrel, a pistol-like grip, and a hand guard around the barrel and gas chamber.

omar235 wrote:
think I have found the gunmakes sense since its bulgarian...its even in my game "Operation Flash Point", but can anyone verify it with there own eyes to make sure? Of course you'll have to picture it without the tripod.

I can't. That machine gun is belt fed and has a pistol grip while the BAR is magazine fed and has a traditional rifle grip.

Besides, nationality is typically the last thing one would think of when purchasing firearms unless you're very patriotic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 27