• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon (TV + OAV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clodus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
They are speaking in English. When you get to season 2, there are situations where its obvious when Revy doesn't understand japanese. Since it was an anime made in Japan, they mostlikely just put it in Japanese. Also its not uncommon for people to know a little bit of different languages. try the official black lagoon thread next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cloudkitt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Ugh...sorry, I hate being "that guy." Thanks though. It makes sense they would be using japanese, but they could've put something more than suggestion to delineate when they're actually speaking Japanese and when they're not.

Again, I apologize, won't happen again.

Last edited by cloudkitt on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
This is something the English dub handles far better in my opinion. The translation scenes they do with Rock are fantastic during that arc.
Agoston

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Black Lagoon, it was my first action anime and after seeing a couple more animes the action scenes in BL really stood out. I got attached to all the lead characters, but I think the ending felt a bit rushed. Ending spoilers, watch out. spoiler[ I didn't like how Benny and Dutch sat out in the last part, and we were forced to be attached to the samurai guy and the schoolgirl. They were okay characters but I would have loved to see a finale with all four of the crew members together instead of just Rock and Levy (yeah they're great but Dutch and Benny were really missing). ]

A solid 8/10 from me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Well then it would probabally interest you to know that season 2 wasn't really the end since the manga is still going. Also there's a confirmed 3rd season on the way for next year.
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Well then it would probabally interest you to know that season 2 wasn't really the end since the manga is still going. Also there's a confirmed 3rd season on the way for next year.

Haha, its already in my Want to See list, even though there's almost no information on it.
Elfen12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
That's good to hear, i was thinking that it didn't seem to have that "end kick" as most other animes do you know? It was just sort of a subtle ending to me, i mean yeah it was Action+ but it was about the same amount of action that had been going on throughout the whole show, so i'd figure perhaps they'd do something bigger... so perhaps that shall happen in time. Also i completley overlooked the fact that the manga was still going, hah, awesome mistake Elfen12!

-Elfen12-
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ShadowTrader wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Haha, its already in my Want to See list, even though there's almost no information on it.

Mine as well. Smile
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
I agree, third season ASAP please Smile
Agoston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Cool, now I'm excited for it too. I really wanna know what happened to spoiler[ Eda (was that her name? the blonde girl at the Church of Violence) and Levy at the very end, when they pointed guns at each other. That was a pretty big cliffhanger to end a season with lol. ]
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote
I do not remember them ending a season with that, anyone else ?
guet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's how it ended:spoiler[ After the final credits: Revy and Eda are sitting in the church having a drink after Revy gets back from Japan. Eda asks if anything happend between her and Rock since they had all that time alone together, Revy tells her something to the effect of "Shut up" the guns get pulled, and Eda said that something must have happened between them because Revy's answer was different from the last time she asked. Revy's final word in the series is Bang, that I took to be a little nod in Cowboy Bebop's direction. It's not much of a cliffhanger though, as Revy and Eda pull guns on each other pretty much everytime they meet. Also, it's been a while since I've watched it so I may have some of the things that happend out of order a bit.]

Edit: couple of typos

Last edited by guet on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total
frouella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I do not remember them ending a season with that, anyone else ?

It was at the very end of the last episode of The Second Barrage; you had to watch past the credits to see it. Though in my opinion, it wasn't really a cliffhanger -- spoiler[I think Revy was just pointing her gun at Eda, like she does, and the bang you heard was a sound effect (like at the end of the opening credits).] But maybe that's just me. Razz
Barezzi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote
What's new on the 3 season?
plazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
3 season anime Black Lagoon promised in the summer, but the series never came out (Maybe someone who knows to continue?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 27