• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Assassination Classroom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CycloneSP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
and let's not forget, there are several chapters in the manga that actually makes fun of how feminine nagisa is, and/or reveals -why- he is so feminine. (actual plot reasons for an effeminate character?!? O.o)
Kaon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Koro-sensei is literally carrying this series... like how I carry my teammates in Halo... like damn he is funny as hell.

Hopefully we get some good development with the students and Koro-sensei which will provide us with the multitude of questions this series has yet to answer.

Sidenote: That red haired kid at the end... I'm guessing he is probably going to try and solo Koro-sensei and learn its impossible, and then form a bond with the other students...
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Koro-Sensei is definitely the best thing about the series and Fukuyama Jun is great (I am sorry I doubted him, I was disappointed when I first heard he had replaced Seki Tomokazu) but the students and their issues are less interesting and I feel the series may start getting repetitive.

That being said the red haired kid introduced at the end could make things more interesting.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the first episode; the part where the girl was trying to stab Koro-sensei while being taught math by him was just hilarious.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying this series, but given the premise, I kind of thought it would be a gag-a-second affair. So far, Koro-sensei seems like the only consistently funny character.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
It's actually more your "teacher goes to a rough school and helps troubled students succeed in life" kind of story. It's a dramedy, but I see people classify it as a comedy more often probably because most anime is drama whereas not as many are comedies.

It is most certainly not a sitcom though.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Has the manga delved any further into Kuro-sensei's backstory? If so, I'd be compelled to start reading it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes and no. You get repeats of the same flashback, only slightly extended each time. I think it's being saved for the series's endgame.
Ahirue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:09 am Reply with quote
There's a really funny scene in the manga involving hints about Koro-sensei's backstory where spoiler[Koro-sensei really seriously reveals a secret about himself to the kids, but it's something they (and likely every reader) had assumed from the beginning so they get pissed at him for only giving out lame scraps like that.]

But otherwise yeah, very little about Koro-sensei's backstory yet. And what little we have gotten has only been in vague hints. It would be frustrating if the manga weren't so good at keeping readers' attention on the interesting stuff happening with Koro-sensei and the kids in the present.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely intrigued.
CycloneSP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
what do you mean delay? The ep aired just fine last week.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
You know, it just dawned on me that the reason this episode was delayed was likely because deadlines are a major recurring theme to this series. I kinow every manga chapter has the word "time" in it somewhere, for instance.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
You know, it just dawned on me that the reason this episode was delayed was likely because deadlines are a major recurring theme to this series. I kinow every manga chapter has the word "time" in it somewhere, for instance.

No, the episode was delayed because of this:
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-01-23/3rd-assassination-classroom-episode-delayed/.83616

And I think the "time" theme has more to do with school periods. Both "time" and the word used when talking about periods in school is "jikan". Same pronunciation, same kanji. (Well, the "period" form normally sticks a "me" on the end, but that's really to indicate counting - when you're using it in the sense of "first period," "second period," etc.)
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah, all right then. I thought that the idea of deadlines had become a sensitive topic. That, and I didn't know how the word "time" was used in the original Japanese version. Thank you.
tee2330

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:46 am Reply with quote
this is one of my fav manga, so looking forward to anime adaptation but it' likely gonna be an ad for the manga without an end, unless it has the courage to go all FMA or akame ga kill on us and make up it's own unique ending, (though only akame ga kill and the orignal FMA did it well)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8