• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love-Drama-Romance Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:00 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I checked out that trivia, and encourage anyone who gets into the series to check it out, too. It explains quite a bit about why things are happening in the story the way they are.

For those who wants further reading, refer to the following article:

Glenn E. Weisfeld, Tiffany Czilli, Krista A. Phillips, James A. Gall and Cary M. Lichtman. Possible olfaction-based mechanisms in human kin recognition and inbreeding avoidance. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Volume 85, Issue 3 , July 2003, Pages 279-295.

Although I'm a biologist, I knew nothing about this phenomonon before watching Koi Kaze. Rolling Eyes I thank it for providing me a new horizon. Very Happy

Key wrote:
Makes me wonder if the writer was aware of that phenomenon when the series was written.

Me too. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
Quote:
I would have recommended Cardcaptor Sakura, but taking a quick look at your anime list, it seems like you've already seen it. How come you didn't mention it in your post? Even though it is in the magical girl genre, it could also be considered a romance anime, although a little bit unconventional due to the age of the characters.

Hi thanks for reminding me I was wondering there was something I was forgetting! But still it seems there are some tital's.

Even though Batman Beyond isn't anything like Anime though, I liked that series as well and the old one, I mean the before real Batman was young.

Last edited by sayuri14150 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stylez025

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I wanna say Ichigo but it is a little ecchi but its not bad and flows with the storyline perfectly.

Its one of m all time favs
Animeniac#1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
if someone hasn't already said it, look into D N Angel. that should be exactly what you're looking for. Cool
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't understand why no one has mentioned "Kimegura Orange Road" yet. One of the earliest animes that set the standard for Love-Drama-Romance in anime.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
Nothing can beat G-Gundam in romantic terms. And don't worry: it has nothing to do with Wing bar a small cameo by Wing Gundam in the last few Episodes.

As for Genre...mostly Adventure/Romance. I suppose "Action" or "Martial Arts" if you consider them Genres.

sayuri14150 wrote:
Dub Gundam Seed 50 Eps; 2nd season 32 Eps

Prepare to be disappointed.
sayuri14150

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:
Prepare to be disappointed.

What do you mean by that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I'll be blunt: it blows.

A lot of long-time fans were disappointed by SEED and even some of the most hardcore SEED Fans haven't had Destiny in their good Books for awhile. Though allegedly it's picking up.

Watch the Original Series/Movie Trilogy instead. Or you could watch X but the "Newtype" aspect of the Series might confuse you at first.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:
Though allegedly it's picking up.

HA! Now that's comedy. Seriously, Destiny's teased "picking up" like five or six times now only to royally screw up only a couple episodes later and drop deeper into a hole.

Seriously, I love SEED, but I cannot stand Destiny. The way it was set up had so much potential, and yet NONE of that was exploited in the least. Storylines were haphazardly changed midway through development or dropped entirely, resulting in severely inconsistent character & plot development. And because the new characters weren't immediately embraced by fans, Fukuda & Morosawa resorted to ditching them and bringing back the SEED cast as a crutch. So now all the former leads of Destiny are nothing but two-bit side characters, and what was supposed to be the main protagonist is now just a petty thug for the cookie-cutter villain who himself had worlds of potential built up over the first thirty episodes (only to be pissed away a few episodes later, naturally). The show's a complete mess, it's a case study in how NOT to write a series, and it's beyond me how anyone allowed it to get this bad.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I didn't think SEED's romantic angle was any worse than what you see in other Gundam series. To be honest, Gundam's never been totally spot-on with the romance, and has pretty much had as many misses through the UC & AU as it's had hits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Well, my Favourite Gundam Couples are...

Garma X Icelina
Ramba X Hamon
Kai X Miharu
Char X Lalah
Amuro X Beltorchika
Kamille X Four
Kamille X Fa
Henken X Emma
Judau X Roux
Char X Nanai
Domon X Rain
Garrod X Tiffa
Loran X Dianna

That's in order of existence, not preference.
IchigoKiri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd recommend Maria-sama ga Miteru. Be forewarned though...it is shoujo-ai, but it's pretty mild. It's all pretty realistic...no magic, no people from outer space...and it's dramatic, too. If you're prone to crying at touching scenes, keep the Kleenex box nearby, especially during the Spring season.

All in all, the two seasons are 13 episodes each. They're schoolgirl.

Also, for another anime that's not completely perverted, but does have its occasional moments of 'O.O', try Loveless. It's a shonen-ai series, and they don't have all the episodes fansubbed quite yet, but they're working on it.

Again, these are a couple of my favorites. I don't know if you'll like them or not, since not everyone's into the same stuff I am, but they're pretty good, in my opinion.
darkxodia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, a.k.a. The Eternity You Wish For, that mainly fits the criteria.

I second angel lover...this is THE BEST Romance-Schoolkids-Drama anime anyone will ever have the pleasure of seeing. And no I'm not just "pulling this out of a hat" and expect you to beleive. So, I have proof. According to a poll that asked users to rate the best anime, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was chosen as number 2 next to the classic Ruroni Kenshin. By the way the poll was done by AnimeNfo.com and can be viewed at http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime. The list is of the top 200 animes. So sayuri...i recommend you to watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.
Lord_Ilpalazzo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I third the Kimi ga Nozomu Eien recommendation! This anime is one of the greatest series I've ever watched, and is most definately the most touching and most incredible love/romance/drama anime out there!
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote
darkxodia wrote:
angel_lover wrote:
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, a.k.a. The Eternity You Wish For, that mainly fits the criteria.

I second angel lover...this is THE BEST Romance-Schoolkids-Drama anime anyone will ever have the pleasure of seeing. And no I'm not just "pulling this out of a hat" and expect you to beleive. So, I have proof. According to a poll that asked users to rate the best anime, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was chosen as number 2 next to the classic Ruroni Kenshin. By the way the poll was done by AnimeNfo.com and can be viewed at http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime. The list is of the top 200 animes. So sayuri...i recommend you to watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

I heard Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien has a very similar feel to a soap opera. It would be a good recommendation for people who enjoy those types of shows. It is not available in region 1 and not yet licensed, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3