• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm Reply with quote

(The) Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (TV)

Source: Light Novel (ongoing @ 6 volumes, written by Yashu, illustrated by Mo)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studios:
EMT Squared
Magic Bus

Genres: action, fantasy, romance

Themes: harem, isekai, reincarnation

Plot Summary: Shiina Kazuya is a young man who one day gets stabbed trying to protect a friend. However, instead of dying, he wakes up in the body of a young 3-year-old aristocrat named Cain von Silford, in a world of magic and swords. Being looked after by the gods that brought him to this world, Cain has been gifted immense magical power that he must keep secret from everyone as he learns how to control said power for an inevitable destiny that he must soon face.

Air Date & Platform:
April 2, 2023 (Sunday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I wasn't even supposed to sample this one. As part of my effort not to be watching 10,000 simulcast titles a season, I'm trying to not even check out a title I think is dubious. Part of my qualms about this show is that I thought the protag was going to remain three years old for the entire show which was not a draw for me. But there it was in the CR release calendar, so what's the harm in checking out, like, 5 minutes, right? So naturally I kind of ended up digging it. It's nothing special but it has a kind of charm that's resonating for me. Oh and he's clearly not staying three for a long time, so that objection has been lifted. I doubt this show will rise above Decent for me, but I guess I'm gonna find out.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, I needed something to talk about at my Isekai help group now that it's a new season, so I watched it too. And the anime does have a somewhat wacky charm in that it doesn't take itself at all seriously, and the way the scenes get cut with that sword symbol (pun sort of intended) makes the tedious plot bits seem fast paced. I mean, it definitely got squeezed out of the isekai play-doh factory as far as the generic animation, tropes, and play by play plot points, but it still manages to feel a little fresh.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:54 am Reply with quote
It is amusing, but it also manages to check off every single cliche box for the average isekai. Besides it being wacky in a charming way it does not seem to have a unique hook to keep you engaged or interested. Be it the main character being a handyman or a vending machine, many isekai these days try to have atleast one thing to differ from the horde.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:59 am Reply with quote
Well, I said it was generic after the first episode and two episodes later nothing has really changed. The only thing of note is that the anime is a fair bit wackier than the manga is. Cain is a bit of a clown at times.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I cannot help smiling at the goofy stupidity of this show.

Every episode someone gasps at the kid's OOOOOPness and he gets new honors.

Having this on the same season as Smartphone 2 kinda shows how far the stupid generic no-drama OP isekai story has come.

Their powers just come easier and easier as the stories get more and more inconsequential.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Yup, it sure is a goofy one, though weirdly enough, compared to the manga it adds a bit more time and depth to the fiancees. I especially remember the manga showing the eld lady in only like 2 chapters total.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:15 am Reply with quote
Man, this anime keep surprising me in how much it adds to some of the side characters. In the manga many of the characters get tossed aside to only pop up a lot later again, but in the anime you actually see interactions happening. Usually you see the anime cutting out a lot of the side stuff.
IcepolesMaid

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald wrote:
Well, I needed something to talk about at my Isekai help group now that it's a new season, so I watched it too. And the anime does have a somewhat wacky charm in that it doesn't take itself at all seriously, and the way the scenes get cut with that sword symbol (pun sort of intended) makes the tedious plot bits seem fast paced. I mean, it definitely got squeezed out of the isekai play-doh factory as far as the generic animation, tropes, and play by play plot points, but it still manages to feel a little fresh.

Hopefully Sweet Reincarnation will be better. Smile
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:38 am Reply with quote
Well now, that sure was an episode that changed things, The episode was way too fast paced, but it did give some excitement and made the plot a bit more interesting and serious. As for the series being generic, it sure is, at the end of they day the only question is if you are enjoying it though.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:10 pm Reply with quote
IcepolesMaid wrote:
Hopefully Sweet Reincarnation will be better. Smile

I have hopes for that one (and the Great Cleric too). I don't know enough to have high hopes, but it sounds like it could be quirky and fun.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:03 am Reply with quote
Seems like the anime is changing the events from the source material a bit for the final few episodes. It is still mostly the same though and besides the more serious events it is still plenty goofy.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:21 pm Reply with quote
And that was the last episode. Just like all the other episodes it was just fine, it is an amusing series with the wacky reactions, but it is nothing special at all and thus joins the huge pile of mediocre isekai series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1