• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:23 am Reply with quote

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki (TV)

Genres: comedy
Themes: ninjas

Plot Summary: Tsubaki Kunoichi is the best student in her kunoichi school. She lives in a village of women with the rule that they cannot have contact with men. However, she has a curiosity about men that she cannot reveal.

Apr. 9, 2022 (Saturdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this one was pretty dull. It's just one joke that doesn't make much sense if you actually stop and think about it for a minute. Maybe it will get more interesting but I guess we'll see. At least it looks nice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

I have some complicated thoughts on this series. On one side it has some comfy cute aspects, on the other I am perplexed by elements like its gender politics. Are we meant to think well of its gender segregation parts, that their teacher is actually correct in keeping the girls away from boys? Because I think that part is pretty stupid, and so all the characters are victims of the adults that seem to think forceful ignorance is better than actually being informed.

Let alone my own thoughts on the sex essentialism, that I personally really don't jell with the whole idea that this is apparently the idea to stop all 'romance'. I can really enjoy stuff that can look at things like gender, but as I am now, anything so cis heteronormative, is going to bug me. God, I know that I sound like something people would call an Shonen Jump Weekly or something, where people would tell me to relax that it is just a show about a bunch of girl ninjas, but to be clear, this show is very specific in bringing up a theme of differences between the sexes as well as gender. I think that it would be expected that an audience is supposed to compare and contrast with their own opinions of the subjects.

But again, it isn't like the show was without charm, but also a little bafflingly so, that I am a little unsure of the target demographic. My rating is going to be So-so (5/10). I don't think it really grabbed my attention so much so that I was really interested in the next episode, outside of maybe introducing a new character, but it did have some charming parts.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I rated this show Very Good because I really enjoyed the humour and the characters. Cute Ninja Girls Doing Cute Ninja Things. I found the background art often to be pleasing - nice eye candy. I was kind of uncomfortable with the premise too because segregation is so extreme but since that was baked into the DNA of the show I kinda just let it go. They didn't have large roles but I liked the two teachers. It can't be easy being a ninja instructor with a bad back!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1