• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Gets New Honeymoon Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 am Reply with quote
Even if Yotsuba was planned and hinted at being the decided girl from the start, how subtle those hints are is debatable. Also, there is the aspect of her not being as active seeking out a relationship with Yotsuba as X number of her sisters.
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The thing that peaked my interest was the new light novel by Hajime Asano, since Mayo Chiki is one of my favourite harem (together with Love Hina, DxD and Quintuplets) so it will be nice to read some of that authors work again.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Yotsuba is Best Girl because unlike her sisters she did not play stupid tricks and mind games on Futaro. For once the nicest girl wins.
pip25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:10 am Reply with quote
To understand why all these side stories and sequels get made and have an audience, we must look at how the manga ended. All this discussion about the winning girl misses what I think the real issue is with the ending: it's very rushed, with most characters receiving little closure. No wonder people want to see some kind of continuation.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:49 am Reply with quote
pip25 wrote:
To understand why all these side stories and sequels get made and have an audience, we must look at how the manga ended. All this discussion about the winning girl misses what I think the real issue is with the ending: it's very rushed, with most characters receiving little closure. No wonder people want to see some kind of continuation.

I don't really agree with this view. I agree that it's rushed which is why the author had to pull a last minute arc for one of the quintuplets as he most likely forgot she was even in the show after several chapters in. Regardless, she was given closure due to that arc so that's that. As for the other quintuplets, I'm quite certain they've already made peace with the final outcome & they went on to pursue their aspirations so that's closure no? Unless you're talking about them finding their own respective soul mates which Im doubly sure this series isn't at all interested in exploring further.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:34 am Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
Yotsuba is Best Girl because unlike her sisters she did not play stupid tricks and mind games on Futaro. For once the nicest girl wins.

The lead waifu from "Sekirei" fits that description as well.
pip25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Regardless, she was given closure due to that arc so that's that

I don't think we mean the same thing by "closure". I'm referring to a satisfying end to the quints' individual character arcs, which was next to impossible given how rushed the last volume was, as you also mentioned. A "last minute arc" is hard to get right almost by definition.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 pm Reply with quote
pip25 wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
Regardless, she was given closure due to that arc so that's that

I don't think we mean the same thing by "closure". I'm referring to a satisfying end to the quints' individual character arcs, which was next to impossible given how rushed the last volume was, as you also mentioned. A "last minute arc" is hard to get right almost by definition.

Well you didn't really specify what closure u were looking for so I assumed any form of closure (doesnt matter if its good or bad or rushed) is what u were referring to, which the series did infact do regardless of its narrative shortcomings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2